Steering stem cap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shroffman

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been thinking to get the RAM steering stem mount for my GPS for my Gen II.

Does the steering cap screw off by hand or I need a spanner to do this?

Thanks,

Consider getting a Rambone instead...I got the 5-inch version and it works like a champ. It's well made, solid as Gibraltar and easy to mount using the OEM hardware. As it's frame mounted, it doesn't move with the bars.

Here's a picture of my setup...a Magellan GPS on a 3" Ram arm connected to the Rambone.

Rambone.jpg

If you're interested, go check this out.

Cheers,

W2

Last edited by a moderator:
That Ram-Bone is pretty cool. I hadn't seen that before I ordered and received my Steering Stem Nut. With a 2820 or similar sized unit, I'd wonder if it's stationary position would interfere with the handlebar movement when using the "Bone" attachment?

You'll definitely need a 36mm socket and I wrapped the OEM nut as well as the new nut in electrical tape as not to mar their finish with the socket while placing them under the necessary torque loads.

IMG_1069.jpg

That Ram-Bone is pretty cool. I hadn't seen that before I ordered and received my Steering Stem Nut. With a 2820 or similar sized unit, I'd wonder if it's stationary position would interfere with the handlebar movement when using the "Bone" attachment?
It does not interfere at all...nada. Full range of motion and full visibility of the cluster. It ought to be the FJRFORUM farkle of the year, if there were such an award. Are the gawds listening?

Curious,

W2