stereo/cell earbud suggestions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droptail

Reaction score
Looking for your experience for under full face, not open helmet (or link).

Quiet set is a priority.

Bluetooth would be nice.

Thanks

I like my gen2 in-ear apple earphones. Quiet as ear plugs and you can control the playback of an ipod or iphone, or take phone calls from an iphone.

Get a chatterbox GMRS. You can bluetooth and iPod(MP3), phone and, a gps all at once. No earbuds but the speakers are nice enough. I actually ride with earplugs in, and turn up the chatterbox. Works real nice.

Thanks for the inputs. Are there anymore?

I am getting ready for a trip to Yosemite, and want to get a great set for the trip.

after a few years now, I'm still a fan of the very inexpensive skull candy. about 15bucks at Target. For me they're as good (in some ways better) than the more expensive brands.

Plus, cheap enough to carry a spare set or two

discussed on this previous thread (clicky)

There are molded in-ear sets that use an earpiece that you bring to the party. These are custom made for your ear shape and run about $50. You bring the ear, the ipod earpieces and they take a mold of your ear and put it all together. Same idea as that used by racing drivers who have a problem one hell of a lot worse than ours. Two thumbs way up on these.

Now the down side...I've only seen the vendors at race events (Long Beach GP, Laguna Seca, etc.) at major tracks.

W2

Last edited by a moderator:
after a few years now, I'm still a fan of the very inexpensive skull candy. about 15 bucks at Target. For me they're as good (in some ways better) than the more expensive brands. Plus, cheap enough to carry a spare set or two.
+1

I have custom-molded plug-speakers from the Ear Plug Co. that I use, but I carry a set of the Skull Candy Ink'd for backups. Just picked up a new pair today for $9.99 on sale.

Tried several pairs, like the Etymotic ER6i I have now the best. Blocks out ambient wind noise like an earplug plus gives you good sound and are comfortable.

Tried several pairs, like the Etymotic ER6i I have now the best. Blocks out ambient wind noise like an earplug plus gives you good sound and are comfortable.
Just bought a spare set from Amazon-about $80 with free shipping. Ian, Iowa

Im trying out something new and Ill give you a report when I see how it works. Its basically the stereo headset from a chatterbox CB50/FRS ($19.95) with a chatterbox cell phone adapter ($16.95) from Dennis Kirk.

Pros:

Dirt cheap <$40

Music supplied by the MicroSD card in my Cell phone (LG Voyager in my case)

Can take calls from the wife to let her know I'm running late because I took the long way....again

GPS built into the phone

Cons:

Wired Connection to your helmet

Does not have a Bike to Bike radio or Passenger Intercom function

Can take calls from the wife so she will ask me to stop and pick something up from the store

Crappy Cell phone GPS

May look at wiring up a small tank bag to accomodate the Cell/GPS/Radar Detector.

I'll let you guys know how this solution works out.

Joey

+1 for the etymotics ER6i's. I'm using a full face Shoei RF1000 and they fit without any problem. They block out ambient noise well and they have very good sound quality.

after a few years now, I'm still a fan of the very inexpensive skull candy. about 15bucks at Target. For me they're as good (in some ways better) than the more expensive brands.
Plus, cheap enough to carry a spare set or two

discussed on this previous thread (clicky)

+1

+ 1 on the skullcandy, although I spring for the spendier ones now (better sound). I've also found their foam earpieces tend to stay in place much better than the slicker silicone buds, so keep an eye out for those.

Get the S Plug Universal Earplug Speakers

DSCN4256.jpg

If you do it right you can wire your helmet with the right cable for these to plug into thus using the smaller cord. Bought one for both my wife and I and both work better than anything else I have tried. Good luck finding a solution that works for you.

EDIT:

Any bluetooth earbud recommendations as far as quiet?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: