Stock saddle adapted for Corbin backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Reaction score
The only complaint my girl (105#) had was the lack of the back rest she has enjoyed on my FZ1's Corbin saddle. I upgraded the drivers portion on the FJ - wanting to make her happy (and spend less) the stock seat came apart. There is a molded channel in the correct place - I just fabbed up some stainless with a top and bottom pocket for the backrest post to slide into, riveted that to the pan, braced and covered that with more stainless.

Sounds more complicated than what it is but it is sturdy.

Now if the snow ever goes away . . .

BRest1_zps78b587ed.jpg

BRest2_zps3599535c.jpg

BRest3_zpsc11454eb.jpg

Do you happen to have any more pics of your invention, I'm very interested. BTW do you have a top case, and if so will it fit with the back rest on the bike?

Do you happen to have any more pics of your invention, I'm very interested. BTW do you have a top case, and if so will it fit with the back rest on the bike?
No other pics - I don't have (or want) a top case but the backrest would clear one I think.If there was a top case, having the pad on the case would make more sense.

I toyed with a rack/backrest combo but this cost nothing and my girl is happy.

The FZ1 will still use the backrest when needed.

7508fb55-04bc-4996-917d-25ac78ea3f24_zps7bbfd555.jpg

Nice farkle there!
Looks good and appears that it should be very functional for someone of her smaller stature.
Thank you!The backrest will adjust (pivot)at its base and can slide up a bit over 2 inches.

She's happy - all's well. I can't even get my girl to look at pillion. I've even shown her pictures of the BMW GTL Exclusive - she just sniffs. Frustrating.
not_i.gif