Russell v. Corbin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i get a lot of demand from you guys, i will install the Corbin and post some more pictures – so you can see how it looks when on the bike.
Thank you for the excellent comparison. It is really helpful for those of us still wanting to purchase but can't decide or afford to purchase both. One question, Most of my riding is local, fun cruising around town and the beach. Would that the Russel still be a good choice for this kind of riding? I will in the future plan longer trips with me and my lady and want her to be as comfortable as humanly possible.

If it's not too much trouble, I would love to see pictures of the Corbin on the bike.

Thank you again,

- MAX
Corbin is really the only choice for those of us with short inseams. i dont doubt that theres more comfortable seats out there, but they dont do you much good when you cant touch the ground at a stoplight.

Greygoose

Anyone else considering a Russell. Just wanted to make sure your aware of the group buy that is quickly nearing the max number, and the 20% discount that will result. See the group buy section of the forum.

476088376_9PZhM-L.jpg
Eisen,

Sorry - way off subject here, but those side cases look like they have the flatter "city side case" lids on them that are only available in Europe (I believe). Did you have to order them special and if so - how much did you pay? I found the Yamaha part numbers for them but I couldn't find a source for them awhile back. I wanted them for the daily commute to work on my '07 . I think they look great, but probably wouldn't hold a full-face helmet (but that's okay for the short trips). Thanks.
RZ, I've had my eye on the City cases since I first bought the FJR, i think they look much better than the regular ones, albeit a little less spacious. Yamaha motors UK lists them, but the price is f@$*(&^# crazy GPB 340 each plus the shipping is going to be pretty pricey too.

I was thinking it should be possible to cut off the bulky part, leaving around 1" from the edge and fiberglass on a flat piece/sheet of plastic to make the sides flat. Now is there anyone with the right skill-set here who could do it for a reasonable price? I'd just bondo the outside to smooth it out and paint it flat black or maybe even an orange peel finish similar to the unpainted Givi box.