Stop Whining About Your Local Drivers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
I've long suspected it. WE have the worst ones in America. Don't believe me? It's RIGHT HERE. And I heard it on the internet, so I know it's true.

p.s., Don't scroll down and read that "related" story a couple paragraphs down. I don't think that one's true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it all depends on how you define what makes a driver "worst". The article claims that the number of citations is a big factor. That seems more like an indicator of how aggressive the traffic enforcement is. Accident reporting is also optional in many places, which is why you see so many banged up junk boxes in the eastern cities. A little fender bender or bumper thump often doesn't get seen by the police or insurance companies so your mandatory rates do not get raised.

Funny, all of the cities they talk about being the worst are west of the Rocky Mountains. I don't think these people have ever driven a car in the east. People out west are absolutely cordial compared to in New York, Boston, or D.C. And FWIW, I drive in Providence Rhode Island every now and then, and the drivers there are the same as Boston, which is to say they suck.

There are bad drivers everywhere. Stupid knows no one location. Been to Boston, yeah they're crazy there, but nowadays it's a National thing. Even in the tiny ass town I live in we have our share of idiots and assholes.

Everyone is entitled to hey where they want, as fast as they want, whether any of us are in the way or not. That shit is nationwide. Sheesh!

Ugh. My brother lived in the greater Seattle area for 20 years. Bitch bitch bitch. All he did was whine about how their traffic was the worst. Most folks who do that don't travel regularly outside of their local commuting area and don't know IF any place MIGHT be worse.

But nOOoOooOoo he joined in on the same thing he bitched about that locals did... bitching about their lot in life. More than once I told him to get over himself or move.

He moved and has been much happier ever since.

Never go to SacTown. Ever. SacMike lives there!
mda.gif
no.gif
punk.gif

Thanks for that, Don. Of course I just linked to that article for laughs. Even I don't think the drivers around here are the worst. Let's face it, they're all a bunch of scary idiots out there, and our traffic is by no means the worst. Seattle? Check. Horrible. San Diego last month? At LEAST as bad. And I was in the East Bay a year or so ago and the drivers must have been averaging at least 20 mph over on all the freeways, and damn aggressive too--probably the worst I've ever seen. But even though my experience there is very old, if I had to pick, the nightmarish memory of trying to drive in Boston takes the cake.

I'm just surprised nobody latched onto the "related" story in the link. I guess you all knew it was ridiculous, right? And anyway, hey, at least we're not Baltimore!

Congratulations, SacMike! Although I think you guys better work on your 4th place finish in the DUI category. You're just off the podium, my friend.

(And you are discounting the story about "Sacramento sits atop list of least attractive people"? Why? It's just another category where y'all are WINNERS!!!)

And yet, here is an article about Pittsburgh drivers being worst. https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/04/26/pittsburgh-drivers-worst/
My guess is that if you look for it, almost any city can rank worst for its drivers. The bad ones seem to get around.
The insurance site quoted by SacramentoMike measured Citations, DUIs, Speeding tickets and Accidents.The phone app from Pittsburgh measured Braking, Acceleration, Phone use, and Turning. So you can believe what metrics you want to.

Latest posts