Stripe Kit for Gen III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogus

Reaction score
Saw this video on YouTube. Tried to track down the owner of the video. Tried to do a search on Google for stripe kits for the 14. No luck. Anybody know anything about these stripes, or do you think it is home made? You can see the stripes in the very beginning of this video, and I think the ones on the fairing and the tank would look good.

Since you seem to have received your answer, I'm going to ask a question that I often think of when I see these sort of videos.... why? Unless I missed something (I just scanned the video) this is just a helmet cam view of a fairly docile ride. Why would anyone post a video like this, and why would anyone watch it? Did I miss the UFO encounter in there someplace?

Since you seem to have received your answer, I'm going to ask a question that I often think of when I see these sort of videos.... why? Unless I missed something (I just scanned the video) this is just a helmet cam view of a fairly docile ride. Why would anyone post a video like this, and why would anyone watch it? Did I miss the UFO encounter in there someplace?
Every time I think about a purchasing a GoPro camera I ask myself these same questions. I don't know if I would ever post up a video for other to watch but I think I would enjoy reliving some memories of some of the great places I have had the good fortune to ride the last several years. I think could really enjoy spending a few hours on a cold winter day watching videos and reliving memories.

With that said I did watch several clips of the video since it stated that he has Two Brothers exhaust installed. After watching and listening to the Two Brothers on the FJR I don't think I can resist any longer. After three FJRs with stock exhaust I have to have a little rumble to match the rowdy red color of the 14. Even though Two Brothers aren't a highly regarded slip on by some, I had no problem with them and I love the sound. I had a 4 into 1 on my FZ1 and my son had 4 into 2 on his ZX10. When we would wind them up through the gears side by side I would be in auditory heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you on the Two Brothers. On FJR #3 myself and I love the

. I purposely keep the revs up over 4k in traffic where the auditory heaven level intesifies, because loud pipes... also sound very cool.

Is that your video? I looks like you have may have the sound reduction tips in the Two Bothers. If it is your video, would you recommend them, and do you have the 3-4 DB or 7-9 DB reduction on yours.

why? Unless I missed something (I just scanned the video) this is just a helmet cam view of a fairly docile ride. Why would anyone post a video like this, and why would anyone watch it? Did I miss the UFO encounter in there someplace?
I am completely with you on this. So many minutes of my time have been wasted spent on Youtube vids that did nothing to help me. Of course, that is my fault more than theirs.

One thing about the GoPro that I learned was that I was not as fast as I thought I was. When I would go back and look at the video and the pics where I thought I was really leaned over... I wasn't. Turns out that the video shows just how slow and pathetic I really am. I think that happens with lots of folks but not all of them are willing to admit that.

None of which does anything to help the OP find that...interesting striping kit.

Redfish, as you we well know, when we are sitting in our home watching the monitor we don't have the fear of unknown hazards that can sneak up on us. I doubt your slow and pathetic we're just more comfortable watching from home.

Thanks snackbauer. I am at work now and went to the website. Was thinking about the matte black stripes, but one of the guys looking over my shoulder saw that they had a "true shadow" color that is semi transparent kind of like window tint.
True_Shadow_2.jpg

This should give kind of a ghost strip effect. Think I am going to give it a shot!

And the Two Brothers CF Black series slip on is the bomb as well! I don't have the db killers in, but can still be stealthy in the neighborhood, and set free with the twist of the wrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVW_5LsZz0M&feature=youtu.be

Well since I got my answer, and the subject has changed I'll put my 2 cents in here. I got the 7-9 "power tips", when I ordered the slipons. I tried them without the inserts, and then installed them. I didn't like the way they changed the sound. Gave it kind of a "fluttering" sound. So I tried cutting off the part that goes into the end of the muffler. I thought that was why they sounded like that, but it changed nothing, so I took them out.

Well since I got my answer, and the subject has changed I'll put my 2 cents in here. I got the 7-9 "power tips", when I ordered the slipons. I tried them without the inserts, and then installed them. I didn't like the way they changed the sound. Gave it kind of a "fluttering" sound. So I tried cutting off the part that goes into the end of the muffler. I thought that was why they sounded like that, but it changed nothing, so I took them out.
Hey Bogus, Sorry about the thread highjack but thanks for the answer. I have my finger on the order button for the Two Brothers. Best price I can find is MorepowerRacing.com at $679.00

I have the Two Brothers on my 07 and they have the tips. The tips bring the sound down to manageable levels and make the pipes sound much better. We hated the sound without the tips but love the pipes with them. Difference is night and day....

One thing about the GoPro that I learned was that I was not as fast as I thought I was. When I would go back and look at the video and the pics where I thought I was really leaned over... I wasn't. Turns out that the video shows just how slow and pathetic I really am. I think that happens with lots of folks but not all of them are willing to admit that.

I hear that if you mount the camera very low it enhances the illusion of speed.
Back off topic
smile.png
but hope it's worth it.

The camera effect talked about here could be a little dangerous. Anytime you're aware you're being recorded, be it via your own device or by someone else's, there's the potential to step it up a notch. Maybe take that turn just a little faster or get that knee down just a tad lower. Maybe. Not saying anyone's a squid here but do think it's a natural reaction. As long as you stay aware of it and don't push your riding past where you normally wouldn't it should be all good.

And hopefully this post was completely unnecessary.
smile.png