Stripe Kit for Gen III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we want to see pictures of the stripes when they are installed
https://www.autotrimdesign.net/BMW_K_1600_GT_K_1600_GTL_Graphic_Kit_1.asp +10, Double Gunny; thanks for this thread Bogus, I liked the looks of these Auto Trim Design Graphics so much that I am ordering up this Kit for my red BMW K1600GT! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Racy!

DSCF0175.jpg
The BMW kit looks xlnt, looks factory, same with the Gen II Yamaha graphics, but not a big fan of the Gen III kit though.

Vendor seems kind of pricey for me. OHFJR originally came out with the first stripes for around $30 bucks. It looks like they were picked up by Duane from Premier cycles. I just went to PCA website and it looks like he no longer sells any stripe kits now. Real time industries is another vendor for stripes and side bag decals and they seems to be still selling them. Why not ask them to see what they can come up with for the GenIII folks. I am not a GenIII owner and I already have all the decals on my bike.

Just a suggestion.

https://www.realtimeindustries.com/fjr1300/

Dave

I liked my Gen II stripe kit, but that Gen III kit would only look good on a black and yellow Yamaha, IMHO.
uhoh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing about the GoPro that I learned was that I was not as fast as I thought I was. When I would go back and look at the video and the pics where I thought I was really leaned over... I wasn't. Turns out that the video shows just how slow and pathetic I really am. I think that happens with lots of folks but not all of them are willing to admit that.

I hear that if you mount the camera very low it enhances the illusion of speed.
Back off topic
smile.png
but hope it's worth it.

The camera effect talked about here could be a little dangerous. Anytime you're aware you're being recorded, be it via your own device or by someone else's, there's the potential to step it up a notch. Maybe take that turn just a little faster or get that knee down just a tad lower. Maybe. Not saying anyone's a squid here but do think it's a natural reaction. As long as you stay aware of it and don't push your riding past where you normally wouldn't it should be all good.

And hopefully this post was completely unnecessary.
smile.png
Yea, anytime someone says "hey, watch this", something bad is gonna happen!

Vendor seems kind of pricey for me. OHFJR originally came out with the first stripes for around $30 bucks. It looks like they were picked up by Duane from Premier cycles. I just went to PCA website and it looks like he no longer sells any stripe kits now. Real time industries is another vendor for stripes and side bag decals and they seems to be still selling them. Why not ask them to see what they can come up with for the GenIII folks. I am not a GenIII owner and I already have all the decals on my bike.
Just a suggestion.

https://www.realtimeindustries.com/fjr1300/

Dave
Just sent an e-mail to Real Time Industries about this, and mentioned that this has been brought up on this forum. I also noticed that hot bike graphics are now https://www.autotrimdesign.net/ We shall see what happens. I am very curious what that "true shadow" transparent film would look like. I contacted my brother-in-law who does professional window tinting, and asked him if the next time he was in town to bring some scrap pieces of window tint that would look like the picture from the web site. Tint goes by percentage of light allowed through, and he should be able to get close by looking at that pic. I would like to see how it would look on the paint before committing $98 for that kit. Stay tuned....I have all winter!

Good to see you stepping up to the plate for the GenIII guys & gals. To tell you the truth I am not crazy about the design in the photo's. I hope Realtime comes up with something better. Kinda reminds me of an old dodge cuda.

JSNS,

Dave

IIRC, Big John was working with Alex on a GEN III stripe kit. Maybe a nudge or three to Alex will get a kit turned out!

--G