Sunday 6-24 in Kentucky

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianNKY

Reaction score
Thinking about heading out this Sunday on one of a couple routes.

Route 1: 2 Covered Bridges (still planning might do more have a route with 8 possible)

Most likely start in Alexandria and head down 27 to rt 10. Take that all the way down to rt 1019 and jump back on AA for a few miles and stop at the Woolcott Covered Briged for pictures. From there, AA south to rt 19 up to rt 8 into Dover for second covered bridge stop. South on rt 1235 to 10 and then onto 22 back into Falmouth. Maybe 159 north from there and then....?

Route 2:

Head to Dry Ridge and west on rt 22, south on rt 227 to Stamping Ground. West on 1688 and then north on 127 essentially to Big Bone Lick and end up in Rabbit Hash for a quick drink, bike oogle and back for home.

Weather is supposed to be nice Sunday so will probably leave a bit early. I like the scenic idea of the covered bridge run and the stopping for pictures but 227 is also a very, very fun road. Anyone else in the area heading out or feel like tagging along give me a shout, or PM. :)

Or, if you have any better suggestions....... Let's hear'em!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds very tempting...but I have plans for the next few weeks. I will have my ears open for a ride through Kentucky later in the summer or later fall after EOM.

Man I would love too but my son turns 6 on Sunday! Plus I just got back today from 3 days around deals gap and my wife would kill me! Keep me in the loop and I will definitely do some riding soon!

mmm.....sounds tempting but me thinks the wifey wont go for it this weekend...she has had a rough week with the little one and I dont think I need to drop the old "Honey, I am going to go biking for the day" thing on her right now...she has sharp objects near her in the kitchen. Maybe "WE" (wife and I can make the next one though!