Sunday Morning Trivia

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty

Reaction score
Should the handle of the bag go toward the dash or toward the seat? This mostly pertains to magnetic mounting bags. :huh:

I place mine with the handle towards the seat. My Cortech bag has a zippered pocket for sunglasses on this end and placing it the other direction would make this hard to get into. The slot that the maps slide into is also at the handle end. If this was forward facing it would catch wind and want to open up.

Joe

Rubber handles on some of the tank bags will actually lay on the tank. Vibration

will eventually leave a dull spot in the paint. Just an FYI. If you never wash your

bike anyway you'll probably not notice.

I place mine with the handle towards the seat. My Cortech bag has a zippered pocket for sunglasses on this end and placing it the other direction would make this hard to get into. The slot that the maps slide into is also at the handle end. If this was forward facing it would catch wind and want to open up.

Joe
Ha! Guessing I have the same Cortech bag and mount mine handle forward. I've left the top flap unzipped a few times and never had a problem with it blowing open. Flaps occasionally in the "breeze" but that's about it. Hate it when I do that!

And you want the magnet side down.
Alright, I'm going to have to go against the current on this one too. :p