Sunday Ride - TWO to Tellico Plains & Cherohala

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still meeting at Tellico Plains - 1:00?

Mrs. Jager and I are probably up for it. I need to finish off the current set of tires before EOM, and this sounds like the perfect way to do it.

Keithaba may also ride the BlackBird down.

Mrs. Jager and I are probably up for it. I need to finish off the current set of tires before EOM, and this sounds like the perfect way to do it.

Hi Jager,

Are you planning on slabbing it or taking the back-roads? Haven’t decided yet if I’m gonna take the scenic route on 30 or the open trail of 8 to cross the hills to 27.

Hi Jager,

Are you planning on slabbing it or taking the back-roads? Haven’t decided yet if I’m gonna take the scenic route on 30 or the open trail of 8 to cross the hills to 27.
We'll probably follow 127 down to Crossville, then 68 over to Tellico Plains.

Can you meet at Crossville around 11:00-11:30? Do you run a 2-way radio?

Hi Jager,

We'll probably follow 127 down to Crossville, then 68 over to Tellico Plains.

Can you meet at Crossville around 11:00-11:30? Do you run a 2-way radio?
PM sent.

Ya'll keep in mind that us folks from JAWJA are working on Eastern Daylight Savings Time when we suggest 1 PM as our goal for the Tellico Plains Cafe.

Looking forward to meeting one and all.

Sorry Guys, we can't make it, after all.

We had family from out of state staying at our house last week, and were really looking forward to Cheohala when they departed yesterday. The week just took it out of us, and we overslept this morning. Riding local now, instead.

Have fun, see you at EOM!

Sorry I missed this ride, We have family in town for the weekend so when I mentioned I might go riding Sunday I got the "look"! So I took one for the team and stayed home.

Hope everyone made it home safe!

JW

Same here. Mine waslked over to the calendar, pointed at the Thurs->Mon EOM trip and chuckled. It was evil.

See you guys in a couple weeks.

Had some of the wifes family in for only the day and had to go down to Fayetteville, sorry I missed this one

Hope all had a great time and made it home safe

[edit] how many riders?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had some of the wifes family in for only the day and had to go down to Fayetteville, sorry I missed this oneHope all had a great time and made it home safe

[edit] how many riders?
I believe I counted 13 total people, 11 bikes. :cap: :blind:

gasportrider leading the pack.

Ocoee-Chera2.jpg

MrTwisty with that pretty helmet :haha: coming in.

Ocoee-Chera.jpg

Pictures taken just before bouncing the camera off the road. Turned out to be an expensive trip for us but worth it... Anyone else going to Best Buy today? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your camera. Nice pics; looks like everyone had fun.

Bet the mountaintop weather was a relief. Tiff and I rode about 6 hours through S. KY around Lake Cumberland....Hot as Hell!!! About 3:00, Higher Altitudes would've been great.

Great ride Mike, thanks for putting it together. The Green Tomato soup at the Tellico Restaurant was to die for. Great ride, great company...cant beat it. After leaving the group at Robbinsville it was a long ride back to Lancaster SC but worth it.

Thanks again, great to meet everyone.

Ed :yahoo:

Thanks for putting this ride together, Mike.

Mrs. Twisty and I had a great time. We both agreed that it was one of the best rides yet.

It was really fun to meet some new friends and see some old ones.

There are some really good people on this forum.