Super Bike Weekend - Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpdrv

Reaction score
race215.jpg

Road America Site

If you haven't been to Road America.... Its just a few miles from Elkhart lake which has an spectacular historical Racing town with excellent accommodations and great bars, restaurants and entertainment...

https://www.elkhartlake.com/lodging/

I go up there every year and would never miss it... don't let the website give you the impression its not super casual jeans and hard core riders from all over... Both the Tiki bar and Siebkens have live music... and lets not forget hundreds and hundreds of riders and bikes !!!

One of these years I'm going to make one of those Super Bike race weekends. Looks like a load of fun.

One of these years I'm going to make one of those Super Bike race weekends. Looks like a load of fun.
You bet, Marc, it's a lot of fun. My riding buddies and I went almost every year (missed a couple because of illness/death in the family), and we had a blast every time. Went from 1990 to 2007, but haven't been since. The best ones were 2002, 2003, and 2005, when we did Reg Pridmore's CLASS track day on the Monday following the races. Great educational experience, and good riding teachers, plus, aside from the too-long straights, some really fun corners. (The first couple of sessions, the long straights are a riot, but by late morning, you're just tucked in, resting, waiting for the next corner).

I'm giving thoughts of attending the AHMRA races the following weekend. There's NOTHING that sounds as nice as a Ducati 888 SPO with carbon fiber Termignoni's at full honk on those straights. NOTHING. :dribble:

Oh, and next week I'll try to file a road report. We're leaving Saturday morning for Arkansas.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm giving thoughts of attending the AHMRA races the following weekend. There's NOTHING that sounds as nice as a Ducati 888 SPO with carbon fiber Termignoni's at full honk on those straights. NOTHING. :dribble:

Oh, and next week I'll try to file a road report. We're leaving Saturday morning for Arkansas.....
Let me know if you decide to go, I may join you.

Have a great trip Scott!! Maybe get together for a day trip sometime after you get back.

Definitely not as busy for the AHMRA races !!!

Far more tool bags at the Superbike :fans: :crazy: But certainly worth going :D

I'll be keeping my eye out for ya on your purple people eater there buddy....

Was it you I talked to briefly last year ? Over on the inside of turn 11, "the kink"

Guy I talked to traded up his 05 to 07... We were discussing the differences.

Love that color by the way...

I went this year for the first time. It was a great time! The weather was almost perfect, a little on the hot side but dry and the racing was spectacular! I watched racing on TV for years but nothing compares to being there. I will return next year. Also, there are many good back roads to ride when you're not at the track. Almost forgot to mention the flat track racing on Friday night at the fairgrounds in Plymouth, well worth checking it out.