Super Brace

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerfjrfaster

Reaction score
Chris from Super Brace just emailed me and said that the group buy next month will be through Super Brace :D . Will post more later keep tuned to this station for more news :lol:

rogerfjrfaster :D

People,

Do these really make a noticeable difference & what would we be looking at shelling out in a group buy?

Cheers,

Nick

Outbackoz

Do these really make a noticeable difference
Back Heathen, still your words. These are farkles, and some of them need not do anything except "be there" ;) Look at his tank bra, his ECM's and ooohh, he has a superbrace ;) No way those fork tubes will deform now :D

Count me out, my fork tubes are nice and springy, just the way I like 'em :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, let's get serious here... :bleh:

Haven't you guys ever heard of torsion bar suspensions?

The only difference on the FJR is they're vertical, with 26 degrees positive caster.

Sure, go ahead and lock 'em down. That flex was designed in. You're asking for trouble. Imagine how the plates in your battery, directly above the forks, start falling apart from the hammering they're gonna get. Or bulbs in your instrument cluster or headlights start going out. Or kidneys that quit working.

Go ahead...farkle away -- take your chances. :)

The only difference on the FJR is they're vertical, with 26 degrees positive caster.

Sure, go ahead and lock 'em down. That flex was designed in. You're asking for trouble. Imagine how the plates in your battery, directly above the forks, start falling apart from the hammering they're gonna get. Or bulbs in your instrument cluster or headlights start going out. Or kidneys that quit working.

Now that's the largest steaming pile of a terd post I have ever seen!

-BD

People,
Do these really make a noticeable difference & what would we be looking at shelling out in a group buy?

Cheers,

Nick

Outbackoz
was reading through this as somebody said something about "new" brace.

I put a brace on at about 6,000 miles and I immediately noticed a significant and good difference in several characteristics of turning, both slow and fast...especially over bumps. Front tire cupping is way down (but admittedly I did change tires too, so that comparison isn't straight across)

Last edited by a moderator:

I think RH is joking, as I was. Some people just don't get sarcasm unless it has a sound byte, BD :p

Sure, go ahead and lock 'em down.  That flex was designed in.  You're asking for trouble.  Imagine how the plates in your battery, directly above the forks, start falling apart from the hammering they're gonna get.  Or bulbs in your instrument cluster or headlights start going out.  Or kidneys that quit working. 

Go ahead...farkle away -- take your chances.  :)
I think RH is joking, as I was. Some people just don't get sarcasm unless it has a sound byte, BD :p
Glad to see SOMEBODY recognized the tongue-in-cheek reply.

Sheesh!!

Maybe I shoulda used a hundred of these - :bleh: - instead of just one.

Some people are so tight in the rectal department they must poop pellets like rabbits.

Oh, BD...I'm not referring to you. :blink:

Hey, Rogerfaster, or anyone else,

I had my original SuperBrace sent back and re-done. Has anyone had any strikes with this new mod, or are you getting the gull-wing model to allow for even more extreme fork travel? The new one looks better, but I'll keep the the retro-fit if "the fix" is sufficient. I'd also buy the new one if there is any chance of a new strike on the old banjo.

Yambone

No way the redone brace or the new one will touch as the new one sits below the fender looking level with fender you dont see it, you have raise up a littke to see it. Dont know what the price is going to be they will post it on the Super Brace site.

rogerfjrfaster :D

So the motorcycle manufacturers are clueless of the value of the "Super Brace"??

Do any pro motorcycle racers use them?