Super Detailing My FJR after a great ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting a little worried about some of you folks being off your meds too long. Perhaps a bit obsessive?
There are so many interesting and fun things to do, including riding the FJR, riding off road, riding the blue bike some more and doing stuff with the family (for points), working (to pay for the bikes and farkles and kids in college) and the many other interests that keep us alive.

I can't imagine more than 10 or 15 minutes cleaning the windscreen and hosing off the bike for the next ride.

Am I alone here?

I went one better...ok, easier...!

Had my mech install some lowering links...he washes everything he works on!

Presto...clean bike! :)

He even found some chipped paint on the wheels, sanded off the rust, and touched up the wheels... with matching silver paint! :yahoo:

He did the brakes on my Jeep Liberty yesterday... it's clean today! Hey, it was washed in March before I shipped it from Hawaii...< :D

But I have to wash the Harley myself cause there's nothing for him to do on it right now..except wash it! :angry2:

Time to go ride!

Rain forcast for the rest of the week... oh well, it'sw only water, and dirt and muc... :p

Mary

reading this post reminded me I had not actually done a complete wash of the bike in a while - only spot clean.

So, last night I spent 30 minutes washing the bike down. Even washed inside the hard bags as I store my shoes in them.

And guess what? I have a shiny, Galaxy Blue '05 again!!!

Life is so good, I celebrated by riding it to work this morning - just like I have done every other work day this year.

My wash is a 5 minute job at the car wash! I get $5 in quarters and give it the power wash! Some may say it's too harsh, But it works for me!

Coming home from work today my bike got a 1 hour washing. The event was accompanied with flashing lights and booming sound, no extra charge. Might as well ride to work in the rain tomorrow morning seein's ta how its appearance is trashed yet again.