SuperBrace gets two thumbs up!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamalude

Reaction score
After I installed the SuperBrace on Saturday (and a new set of Roadsmarts), I took the FJR out for a two up ride around the Santa Cruz Mountains and into Capitola and back. It made a BIG difference in front end feel - more planted, surefooted and confidence inspiring.

I can recommend this accessory to everyone and it was worth the two month wait to get it.

:rolleyes:

One has to wonder how much of the improvement was due to the brace and how much to the tires.

I've had a superbrace on my 06 for over a year now and as a larger rider(6'8" 280lbs) I can tell you that it made a huge difference for me. I noticed a difference immediatly after installing it. I changed tires a month later and went back with stock tires and I have definatly seen less cupping and uneven wear since the install.

Will whole heartedly agree with you on the stability this adds to the feej in the corners.

Coming from the sportbike world as I did, the "wobble" in the front end of the feej was not very assuring to me. After installing the SUPER BRACE the feej felt more planted in the corners and the "wobble" was gone.

Excellent mod for those who like to aggressively carve the canyons.

had a fork brace on my 04 with new pr2's , and there is not one on my 08. I can not tell a difference at all. but I have not taken the new girl on any radical leans yet.

It definatley imporves input from countersteering. Much more responsive.

I noticed a difference as well when I installed mine.

Hummmm........ -_-
Where could I buy it ( 2005 ) :D :D :D

Hate to sound like MADMIKE 2 but use the google search. More than sure I put up where I got it from. Sorry, have slept since then and don't remember. Do know it wasn't a 3 month wait.

Its pricey but worth the bucks IMO.

you will get a little stiffer ride on the slab though, feel the "waves" of the concrete. Still its in the corners you really want the stability and this does the job.

Here's my negative comment. I couldn't tell the difference after installing the superbrace on my 04. Might have been a little stiffer, but I think the forks work well for me the way they are. I don't think I'll be installing one on my 08.

GP

Any issues with the ABS version and the horn bracket(s) and or brake lines interference? Also which way do the splash shields mount? There are two distinct options and no instructions. They fit two ways,but only one can be correct.

Just received mine for a 2013 GenIII. Will not install until I can get some feedback from Scot at Superbrace. Several theads on several forums warning of potential pitfalls

The biggest pitfall is that you wasted your money. They're not necessary on the GenII or III bikes and were prolly not most of the time on the GenIs.

I wonder if you could get your money back...

Last edited by a moderator:
Several theads on several forums warning of potential pitfalls
You picked a thread from 2008...the issues had to do with Gen 1 bikes that had optional ABS components. No pitfalls for Gen 2 or Gen 3 bikes....other than how much difference they make as HRZ pointed out. I have one on my Gen 1 and *maybe* I can notice a difference.

...No pitfalls for Gen 2 or Gen 3 bikes....other than how much difference they make as HRZ pointed out. I have one on my Gen 1 and *maybe* I can notice a difference.
I used to be in the "*maybe* I can notice a difference" camp but that has changed. I had a short period where I was required to bring 4 wheels to work last fall. Finally I could ride my bike again, but I hardly got out of my driveway before I noticed that there was something wrong different with the way my Gen I was handling. I actually took a secondary road with lots of sharp curves to see if I could sort out what had happened to my suspension and to heck with getting to work on time. Then all of a sudden it occurred to me, a little over a week ago I took off my fork brace to work on a leaking fork seal and I never put the brace back on, after all, it makes almost no difference. Hmmm. I may have a different opinion now. If spring ever arrives I need to finish sorting things out and see if I can confirm that the odd handling feel was directly related to the fork brace.

A bit off the FJR topic, my Honda had a factory forged aluminum fork brace that both bolstered the forks and had a wing shape to direct air into the radiator. Over night my poor bike took a spill when the side stand punched through my gravel driveway. I used the 'turn the handlebar' technique to get the bike up far enough to lift it the rest of the way up. Thanks to the case savers and aftermarket tail rack there was zero damage. Upon riding away I noticed that there was something wrong with the way it handled and I was afraid I damaged something when I turned the handlebars while it was on the ground. While inspecting it for damage I discovered that the two bolts on one side of the fork brace had broken the brace. Replacing the brace returned the handling back to what it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
The nice thing about have a fork brace is the handy spot to mount your deer whistle's.