supervisor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
Does anyone have this supervisor which attaches to your helmet to block out sun? If so would you recommend it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Typing at work, so I hope my supervisor doesn't come by and catch me discussing a super visor.

Are you just talking about dark-tinted visors that every helmet mfr has available for their helmets, or do you have some other product in mind?

Me, I just wear sunglasses. Much easier change when it gets dark.

I think that some brands have snap on bills that will block the sun if its high enough in the sky, sort of like the visor on a baseball cap.

At this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere, I find that late afternoon rides could benefit from something like this, but I've never bought one.

I have a Sy-Max II helmet with built in sunglasses that I sometimes use. The sunglasses slide into place between the actual helmet face shield and my own glasses using a little slide on the back of the helmet. I can do it easily even underway. If I don't want the sun glasses anymore, I can reach up and hit a button on the helmet, and they retract up out of the way very quickly. They're enough sun protection until about an hour before sunset at this time of year, and then if I'm heading west, I wish for a visor/bill on my helmet.

Maybe there's a product called the Super Visor that the OP is asking about.

I use sunglasses for those rare sunny days. But when the sun is right at the horizon, the brightness still bothers me. My solution is the custom sun blocker. A strip of electrical tape across the faceshield at the top allows me to tip my head just enough to block the sun. Normal visibility is not affected. My favorite kind of solution - cheap and easy!

One of my buddies just bought the Scorpion Exo-1000 helmet, which has an integrated dark-visor.. I actually am very tempted to get one now.

I picked up a Helmet SunBlocker for my wife's face shield. She had tried various ways to make a sun shield and this works for her. Hint: Save yourself $14.95 and buy $1.00 worth of lemo tint and then do a little bit of scissor work.

BeforeAfter_300.jpg

I too have used the above device for the past 5 years on 3 different shields and it is indeed fantastic for this time of year when glare can be such a pain in the eyes. An inexpensive but most useful farkle and I didnt mind the 15 bucks as its hard to cut one for an Arai, but if yer more talented than I with scissors all the better !

Blessings,

Bobby

Thanks to Ionbeam for posting the Sunblocker pictures. If you are cheap like me or just want to get an idea of how this would work, try using a strip of black electrical tape. I stuck some on the outside of my Shoei visor just below where the helmet to visor seal is located (ie; the same position that the expensive sunblocker would be located). It doesn't look bad and is very effective at blocking the sun.

Thanks...for posting the Sunblocker pictures. If you are cheap...or just want to get an idea of how this would work, try using a strip of black electrical tape...on the outside of my Shoei visor...and is very effective at blocking the sun.
This is what my wife did (and what prompted me to buy the SunBlocker).

Does anyone have this supervisor which attaches to your helmet to block out sun? If so would you recommend it?
Yes, I've had one for several years on a couple different helmets -- I can recco them.

So also the S.O.

So, too, one of my long-time riding buddies who's known to be particular/picky and penurious -- well, he had one on his custom Arai last year when I met him on-tour.

I like visors... :)