suspension shops in New England or upstate NY?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countersteer

Reaction score
My shock is knackered, so it's time to do the front & rear suspension upgrade I should have done long ago. Anyone know of good suspension shop in NE? Google has not been my friend on this question. Thanks

It's not quite NE but I had a very good experience with Stoltec Moto in Bangor, PA......and he is also a GPSuspension dealer.

Just had both the front and rear suspension on my Bird done by Adam at Rocketmoto in Hollis NH.

GMD computrac in Boston which Is actually Bellingham, or one in NY. Or traxxion dynamics down south. Why does it have to be local? Where are you located?

GMD computrac in Boston which Is actually Bellingham, or one in NY. Or traxxion dynamics down south. Why does it have to be local? Where are you located?
+1 for GMD Computrack Boston. Ask for Peter Kates. He does the suspensions for lots of the LRRS Racers up at NHMS ( Loudon ) as well. I've been using him for about for 6 years now. Safe to say that you just want to drop the bike off somewhere close and have them do all the work?

https://computra.startlogic.com/Contact%20Info.htm

Looking for local as I don't want to do the install myself. I was one of those guys who fell for the left handed monkey wrench scam. Your responses gave me a good starting point. Much appreciated.

I would love to find a competent shop somewhere in the Northeast that would do a "service" on my Penske shock on a pre-scheduled "drive-in" basis. i.e. 24 hour (or less) turnaround. Anybody know anyone who takes appointments (without charging an arm and a leg)? Don't have a spare bike to ride while the shock is away for a week or more and don't really want to wait until winter. Anywhere within 600 miles or so from the Maine/New Brunswick border would be OK. Even further would work if there are some interesting roads to-and-from.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread but this might be useful to some...

Edit: I emailed Computrack in Boston to ask - will post their response.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think most bike shops will tell you about 2 weeks....i know that is what penske says. Traxxion will be a week min, from what they told me a month ago. GMD will tell you a week but they are slow and usually not on time, plus they have a lot of race and away time in the summer

I would love to find a competent shop somewhere in the Northeast that would do a "service" on my Penske shock on a pre-scheduled "drive-in" basis. i.e. 24 hour (or less) turnaround. Anybody know anyone who takes appointments (without charging an arm and a leg)? Don't have a spare bike to ride while the shock is away for a week or more and don't really want to wait until winter. Anywhere within 600 miles or so from the Maine/New Brunswick border would be OK. Even further would work if there are some interesting roads to-and-from.
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread but this might be useful to some...

Edit: I emailed Computrack in Boston to ask - will post their response.
I just talked to Peter Kates yesterday at a track day at NHMS in Loudon , NH. He also attends every LRRS event at NHMS (next one 7/27-28) and rebuilds Penske shocks as well as forks at the track. He did my forks in an hour but I had to take them off myself. Now if you needed him to remove it as well, that may be a different scenario. But wouldn't it be nice to take a ride down to Loudon and get your shock rebuilt while taking in some racing?
smile.png

I just talked to Peter Kates yesterday at a track day at NHMS in Loudon , NH. He also attends every LRRS event at NHMS (next one 7/27-28) and rebuilds Penske shocks as well as forks at the track. He did my forks in an hour but I had to take them off myself. Now if you needed him to remove it as well, that may be a different scenario. But wouldn't it be nice to take a ride down to Loudon and get your shock rebuilt while taking in some racing?
smile.png
I got a response from Peter at Computrack and he told me to give him a call to arrange a time. Perfect solution for me! If it could be done at Loudon, it would be even better.