Suspension Upgrade: Need Help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely get a hold of these guys: https://www.gpsuspension.com/products/index.php They are well versed on the FJR and can help with shocks and springs.
Gunny on GP Suspension. They installed a Penske 8983 shock and rebuilt the front end on my '05 as part of the 2007/2008 group buy, and it has made all the difference.
Hi,

I need to get new shock for my 07 fjr.

I took a spin at weekend with a few mates from Galway (Ireland)to Clifden via scenic coastal route and had to back off the gas ,the shock was gone.

The exchage rate between the dollars and euro is good for me.

I put a post on biker.ie re new shocks and another fjr rider on that web site told me he had Hagon unit.. total shit imo..

sylvester

Before spending a dime with anybody else, you owe it to yourself to talk to Lee at Traxxion Dynamics (www.traxxion.com). He's an FJR owner and expert. I had my forks upgraded by GP and was never quite happy with the setting. I called Lee last week, ordered new springs for the forks and set to his recommendation as a baseline and the difference is huge. I wished I would have gone to Lee first and bought their complete front cartridge kit. I have a Penske shock and love it.
+1 - call Lee , checkout the AK-20s too.

Before spending a dime with anybody else, you owe it to yourself to talk to Lee at Traxxion Dynamics (www.traxxion.com). He's an FJR owner and expert. I had my forks upgraded by GP and was never quite happy with the setting. I called Lee last week, ordered new springs for the forks and set to his recommendation as a baseline and the difference is huge. I wished I would have gone to Lee first and bought their complete front cartridge kit. I have a Penske shock and love it.
+1 - call Lee , checkout the AK-20s too.
+2

I have the full setup from Traxxion and it is great!

+3 for Lee and Traxxion, I'm running a Penske and their AK20's. The bike is a magic carpet and Lee is tops to deal with. If you can change your oil, you can swap suspension parts.

Installed Ohlins. Did with Kylw racing in Monterey Bay. The guys there are great. The suspension is awesome (a little more expensive than other brands but more flexibility in adjustments.

I'm 6" - weigh 170 lbs. I love it... the bike improved 90%. But that's another story...

Installed Ohlins. Did with Kylw racing in Monterey Bay. The guys there are great. The suspension is awesome (a little more expensive than other brands but more flexibility in adjustments.

I'm 6" - weigh 170 lbs. I love it... the bike improved 90%. But that's another story...

Well just got off the phone with Traxxion Dynamics and Lee in particular.

First a great guy to talk to, patient, and shares information willingly and truthfully.

So I got a 8983 with 850# spring, fork springs 1.10#, fork spring buffer kit, and 10W oil and a Shock Sock for the rear shock. Sounded like a good idea to me and I liked that Lee did not sell me on anything.

I wanted the best bang for the buck knowing the AK 20's were out cost wise.

Again can not thank Lee enough.

But also I thank this forum and it's members. You guys did the leg work and developed the relationship with these vendors and because of that I get great benefits.

I was given FJRForum 10% discount with out asking, just mentioning where I did my reading work at.

So thank you FJRForum for helping another newbie spend his cash :rolleyes: