Suzuki Burgman 650

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice Man

Reaction score
My wife and I often ride together (I ride my FJR and she rides her BMW F650 GS) -- whether it be in the Texas Hill Country or the Blue Ridge Parkway or the great highways in Arkansas or the wide open spaces in Big Bend area of Texas. While that little BMW is a great bike, it provides no wind protection. She recently gave up the BMW and bought a Burgman 650 Executive. Her new ride offers great wind protection including an adjustable wind screen, but it also has lots of get-up-and-go. That little 650 is strong. We'll be riding together more often than ever now - at speeds more becoming of an FJR.

Congrats to your wife for the new ride, but I'm sure you know already...no pics...not true! ;)

Them little BurgerMeisters do all right!

Congrats, it must be nice to have the estrogen endowed humanoid ride her own skoot! :lol:

You've never seen a Burgman?
Never thought I'd get to use this one twice in one week.....

retard.jpg

My wife & I have been matching up the Burgman and FJR for about three years now. I can catch her on the straight aways but she nails the turns better.

My wife & I have been matching up the Burgman and FJR for about three years now. I can catch her on the straight aways but she nails the turns better.
That's a joke, right? :blink:

Oh, and ice man: We want pitchers of the wife, not the Burgman. :rolleyes: Well, it's OK if she's on the Burgman, so long as she's appropriately dressed (NOTGTT). :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a joke, right? :blink:
A sheep corners better than a cow. :p

Oh, and ice man: We want pitchers of the wife, not the Burgman. :rolleyes: Well, it's OK if she's on the Burgman, so long as she's appropriately dressed (NOTGTT). :eek:
Dirty ol' bastard.

(but I agree)

Iceman

I got my SO an 03 400 for her first/practice/crash cycle in August. She is going to take the MSF course this weekend, she has zero experience riding bikes and as of Sept 1 is required by law since she only has a permit. The 650 Executive has a lot of advantages that I like for an upgrade for her. The adjustable windshield is a big plus since the 03 is fixed, the top of her after market windshield lines up with her bifocal lines and is a distraction for her. The Exec is a +140 lbs to the 400 and larger wheels with the low COG adds to highway stability. It also has ABS and has manual shift capabilities. Haven't figured out the manual shift CVT thing yet. Oh and the other good thing is it comes in all BLACK. :)

I test drove the 400 on the highway at 80 mph and didn't have any immediate issues with highway speeds but it was a short run. It is still hard for me to get used to have nothing for the feet to do but tp put them down when you stop. I like the linked brakes but for the left brake lever is harder for me to get used to than her. I have been on a group ride with couple of 650's and the had no problem keeping up. I myself have not had a chance to try a 650 yet, and would like to try in some twisties.

I had one in 2004. They are pretty fun, I was going to use it as a commuter as you can carry a ton under the seat it is 70 liters if I remember correctly. They handle surprisingly very well, due to the the low CG. They are about as quick as the average car 0-60 mph in 7 -8 secs or so. The big drawback for myself was limited leg room, I could never really get comfortable.