SW Mototires Delivery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCRIDER007

Reaction score
On Monday evening I added my name to gypsy's FJR Assistance Directory and mentioned that I had a tire changer for anyone needing an emergency tire change. Of course, a tire changer will not help anyone unless there is a tire available to go with it, so on Tuesday morning I ordered a set of tires from SW Mototires to stock in my garage. I go through a lot of tires so they will not get old and who knows, the next person who needs a quick tire change might be me.

Normally it takes 4-5 days for the tires to make the 1300 mile trip from Tucson, AZ to my home in SE Washington but this time it only took 28 hours from the time my order was placed. Turns out that they were actually shipped from Portland, OR, so I guess SWMototires now has some additional outlets. I have never had anything delivered in such a short time but I could sure get used to it.

I would encourage everyone to sign up for the FJR Assistance program because if you don't sign up then you can't take advantage of it should the need ever arise. This is truely one situation where one would prefer to give rather than to receive but those on the receiving end will be pretty thankful that gyspy has made the effort to put the program together.

+1 on the directory. Should the chips be down, this will be the best farkle/mod on this forum. I ain't "what" but "who" you know...

On Monday evening I added my name to gypsy's FJR Assistance Directory and mentioned that I had a tire changer for anyone needing an emergency tire change. Of course, a tire changer will not help anyone unless there is a tire available to go with it, so on Tuesday morning I ordered a set of tires from SW Mototires to stock in my garage. I go through a lot of tires so they will not get old and who knows, the next person who needs a quick tire change might be me.
So, you're saying that you actually have a spare set on hand should somebody need one in a pinch? Now THAT'S being ready to lend a hand! :clap: Do you have a balancer too? That gives me cause to hatch a scheme. Ship a set ahead, then have an excuse to take one last trip on the old set. :D "Honey, I'll be back in a couple of days. Need to go to Washington for some tires."

So, you're saying that you actually have a spare set on hand should somebody need one in a pinch? Now THAT'S being ready to lend a hand! :clap: Do you have a balancer too?
Yes, I now have a spare set of Avons sitting in my garage and a Marc Parnes balancer. I even have weights to use with the balancer. If you show up with any tread left on your tires I will just save them so I can give them away if someone doesn't want/need a new one to get home.

Similar experience two weeks ago. Orders tires from SWmoto in AZ Wed Feb15. Confirmation email at 9:10 am. Next day I'm expecting the Wilbers. UPS shows up and driver gets out with Wilbers and a pair of Avons. 3:30pm. This in rural TX outside DFW metroplex. Those tires were on that van at least by 6:30 am. I was impressed.

Evidently they can ship from multiple warehouses across the country.

Highly reccomended for tire purchase.

Last edited by a moderator: