Sweet Deal on Helmet Cam

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
370x350.jpg

I got an email from REI about some specials they're running through their on-line outlet, including this--the "Oregon Scientific ATC-2000 helmet camera," shown above. It's their "Deal of the Day" for today, June 15. Details are here. Reduced from $99.95 to $49.93 for "24 hours or until we run out." I don't suppose it's the best camera on the market, but it's got to be one of the best deals you'll find. Get this:

As a part of the promo, as described in the linked page, they're offering an additional 20% off through June 17, which nets this down to less than $40 (plus shipping), which seems like a heck of a price. I'm still thinking about it and very tempted, but either way, I bet somebody will want one. And I called them; you don't need to be a member to order through this site or get the additional 20% off.

I have that camera, I found it on sale for $30 a year or so ago, it is really cheap, I use it on my dirt bike. Here is a video of it, deffinitly not the quality of the GoPro or VHoldr but for $30 I wasn't complaining...

Do a search on youtube for the MD80. You can get them for $20 shipped on ebay. I have one and for the price, it is great.