Swing Arm Pivot Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsy

667 - Neighbour of the Beast
Reaction score
The cover over my swing arm pivot went missing on a trip with Canadian FJR (I suspect he may have popped it off to wash it as he has a touch of motorcycle OCD and he lost it). I am wondering if anyone has replaced theirs with something exotic? Pasty, extra large beer cap, diaphragm? I found one online that has the Yamaha tuning forks but it is $50 and I know the damn thing will get dirty and likely go missing next time I travel with Canadian FJR. So I got thinking what I could cover it with other than the current duct tape. Any suggestions?

MeissSwingarmCoverFJR.jpg

gypsy

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that one very much, just be sure to have it on before CFR. Your old one just may appear. :rolleyes:

Your other option would be to have Colin make you a new one when you go over to have that broken bolt replaced.

Canadian FJR

The cover over my swing arm pivot went missing on a trip with Canadian FJR (I suspect he may have popped it off to wash it as he has a touch of motorcycle OCD and he lost it). I am wondering if anyone has replaced theirs with something exotic? Pasty, extra large beer cap, diaphragm? I found one online that has the Yamaha tuning forks but it is $50 and I know the damn thing will get dirty and likely go missing next time I travel with Canadian FJR. So I got thinking what I could cover it with other than the current duct tape. Any suggestions?
MeissSwingarmCoverFJR.jpg

gypsy
I know a guy who can get the stock one at cost if you have the part #.

Pfff..you can see by my pic and your pic my sink hole cover fits easy... :eek:

But seriously. I used two of these for the swing arm cover on a Warrior. Fit perfectly and looked good when painted black.

Last edited by a moderator: