Switching out throttle meisters from my FZ1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

150Fuelie

Reaction score
I contacted Throttlemeister to see if they offered the needed stuff to convert from an FZ1 to an FJR and they do. It's like $39. The throttlemeisters have a huge stud that screws into the bar while the stock bar ends have a small stud. Is there an insert in the bar that must be removed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you mean the inner bushing used to hold the OEM bar weights. Nice installation write-up at webBikeWorld
Thanks. I wonder what a pain it will be to put that inner bushing into the FZ1. I'm probably better off leaving the throttlemeister on the FZ1 and just getting another set for the FJR.
I would bet that's the case. After installing a TM on my bike a while back, putting one of those OEM bushings in would be a bitch. I would put the bolt in it, and tap it in with a rubber hammer.

I transferred a set of ThrottleMeister bar ends from my '05 Concourse to my '08 FJR using the FJR kit that I bought from them without much problem. Regardless of whether you get the kit or a whole new TM setup, they are a bit fiddly to get them adjusted "just right" so that the throttle locks fully when the TM is engaged and also moves freely when not engaged. In fact, I need to adjust mine again since it slips a little at speed and allows the throttle/speed to reduce. If you really don't need/want the TM on the other bike, I'd recommend getting the FJR adapter kit. The other thing to consider is the color and condition of the old TM bar ends. If they are scratched up due to a dump, then new ends would look nicer - your call.

I transferred a set of ThrottleMeister bar ends from my '05 Concourse to my '08 FJR using the FJR kit that I bought from them without much problem. Regardless of whether you get the kit or a whole new TM setup, they are a bit fiddly to get them adjusted "just right" so that the throttle locks fully when the TM is engaged and also moves freely when not engaged. In fact, I need to adjust mine again since it slips a little at speed and allows the throttle/speed to reduce. If you really don't need/want the TM on the other bike, I'd recommend getting the FJR adapter kit. The other thing to consider is the color and condition of the old TM bar ends. If they are scratched up due to a dump, then new ends would look nicer - your call.
Thanks, ThrottleJunkie. They are pristine