Tach and speedo gauge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the great and simple fix with the felt washers. Wish it was easier to get to those gauges so its best to also install new LED's while I am in thier. I checked on aftermarket overlays, but know luck. Thought it might be cool to bling my ride while it was apart but know luck. You can get then for sport bikes but not the FJR.

Looked at the gauges of a parked 04 today he had the same little blisters mine had. Seems to be more common than I thought. Nice to know its an easy fix if you feel like it, except for a little surgery. Yamadog should'a had a recall on that.

Looked at the gauges of a parked 04 today he had the same little blisters mine had. Seems to be more common than I thought. Nice to know its an easy fix if you feel like it, except for a little surgery. Yamadog should'a had a recall on that.
You're kidding, right? Where's the "sarcasm" smiley?

Recalls are for safety issues, like motors stalling on the highway, or brakes not braking....NOT for cosmetic items.

Tell me, you ARE kidding about a recall.....please!

You should have payed more attention to my first post on this subject - ride more and and stress less.

If you really, REALLY must stress out over those 1/32 inch blisters, I'd suggest you check out THIS eBay link for replacement gauge faces.

You are both right, ride more stress less. And on the recall recommendation it being just based on safty then you are right as well. I just thought that if Yamaha is concerned about the quality of its products they might want to address this issue. Maybe they already did with the Gen 2 speedo,"I don't know" Personally I like the lay out of the Gen 1 gauges better. Easier to read for me. I just have found it interesting that I was not alone in having the VERY MINOR ISSUE THAT IT IS!! Believe me I am not stressed over the issue. I have owned over 50 motorcycles over the years not including my three boys bikes. And over 80 percent were Yamahas going back to the 60's. And every time I get on my FJR My Blood Pressure go's down. Thats one of the main reasons I bought it. And so far this is the only issue, if you can call it one I have had with this bike. Thats a hell of a good record in my book. I will have to ride down to SKOOTSDALE for a get together in the near future, I grow up thier.