Tahoe tonight, Walker tomorrow, Tioga Sunday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HYCLE

Hooligan #2
Reaction score
Riding 2up to Stateline, NV tonight for a wedding in the morning. Saturday afternoon around the lake and end up at West Walker motel on Hwy 395. Website

Sunday morning over Tioga Pass then up to Plymouth Sonora for lunch.

Hope to see some FJRs on the road.

Have a great weekend.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Riding 2up to Stateline, NV tonight for a wedding in the morning. Saturday afternoon around the lake and end up at West Walker motel on Hwy 395.
You may have seen some FJRs and maybe a red BMW on the Nevada side of the lake Saturday afternoon. The Cal 24 routed us from Kings Beach to Stateline / Kingsbury Grade. It was truly a gorgeous day at Tahoe on Saturday. The water was emerald and clear. I wish I could have stayed.

I saw ya, and about 10 others by my count. I was on the Black FJR between Truckee and Sierraville, Hwy 89 going the other way. There was a hand full of FJR, couple of Beemers and ST's riding with a purpose, I figured it was the Cal 24.

Me I was just out learning how far the new FJR would lean. :exhappysmiley:

I saw ya, and about 10 others by my count. I was on the Black FJR between Truckee and Sierraville, Hwy 89 going the other way. There was a hand full of FJR, couple of Beemers and ST's riding with a purpose, I figured it was the Cal 24. Me I was just out learning how far the new FJR would lean. :exhappysmiley:
Yeah, that was us! There was a Corvette parade on that stretch. I don't understand these guys. They have nice fast sports cars, and they drive 'em like little old ladies. Reno John and I had to pass a large number of slow 'Vettes on 89.

I didn't see anyone from the Cal 24 since I stayed on the California side and was heading over Monitor Pass by 3pm.

I did meet James and his new bride on a Black Cherry FJR. They pulled into the wedding chapel to get married just as we were leaving.