Tail Light flasher

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkspear

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with a tail light flasher like the kisan unit that flashes when you hit the brakes and then goes solid? Sounds like a great safety device.

See it here

Put a pair in my `08 before I even drove it home from the dealer. A little pricey until you realize it's your ass your protecting.

Everyone that's seen `em likes `em......me too!!

VP

Go to lshlights.com and check out the Whelen TIR3. It's a public safety led that I've used as an auxillary brake light on 4 bikes. I believe it's brighter than any of the mc dedicated units mentioned here.

Jack.

Has anyone had any experience with a tail light flasher like the kisan unit that flashes when you hit the brakes and then goes solid? Sounds like a great safety device. See it here
there aren't a lot of bulbs back there in the OEM config of the FJR. as such, i'd leave them alone to do their original duty and add extra lights in the form of Hyperlites. You get extra lights and you get some higher visibility that the 5 second blink adds.

https://www.fjr-tips.org/mods/hyper/hyper.html

Not that specific one, but I did tap one of these brake light control units from Comagination:

brakeflasher.jpg

into the rear brake harness to control one of these license plate frames from Signal Dynamics:

bclassic.jpg

High reliability from all solid state components; no moving parts; nothing to burn out. What's not to like? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyperlites, and I love 'em. Flash about five times when you put the brakes on and then go to solid, otherwise on all the time at the lower intensity. Guys riding behind me actually complain (I'm talking about DAYTIME rides) that they're so bright they're a PITA. Not sure if other brands are the same brightness, but assume they're all similar. Fairly easy mount, very very low current draw (being LED), and not a problem to pull them off the FJR when I, um, wrecked it, and put them on the KLR (did need new mounting tape, which the maker sent me next day, free, after a phone call. Riding behind a bike equipped like this, you can't help but notice the hyperlites were AT LEAST twice, maybe three times brighter than the FJR taillights just in their normal running mode. When braking, the brightness seems to more than double. Very comfortable feeling.

I wonder and still continue to wonder about the patience of the people on this board ;-) Do you have nothing to do besides answering questions like these or do you simply enjoy it ? because you do ... in which case, I will leave you all alone in your merry ways. Frag the newbie - radman?

Thank you Gentlemen, very much appreciate your input! Always like to here what others have done with more experience.

Again many thanks

Ride safe!

Mike :)

Go to lshlights.com and check out the Whelen TIR3. It's a public safety led that I've used as an auxillary brake light on 4 bikes. I believe it's brighter than any of the mc dedicated units mentioned here. Jack.
Gunny on Jack's TIR3. I've tried everything back there on multiple bikes, and this blows them all away. Makes Hyperlites look like running lights by comparison.

Hyperlights or similar with flashing mode definitely worth the expense and effort to install.

Another safety feature you might consider is a headlight modulator (Kriss Industries) -definitely gets folks attention and adds a little more confidence that the left turners actually see you coming. As an added bonus you can plan on many interesting conversations with people at stop lights "Hey your f...king lights are flashing!" "Yeah thanks I know" "Why they doin that?' etc, etc etc. Seriously I think they piss some people off but probably one of the best visibility enhancers you can get. :D

Thank you Gentlemen, very much appreciate your input! Always like to here what others have done with more experience.
Again many thanks

Ride safe!

Mike :)
Mike, Kisan also makes the Signal Minder, which cancels the turn signals automatically, as well as flashing the brakes. You can also opt to use it to make turn signal lamps work as extra taillights when they're not flashing.

Go to lshlights.com and check out the Whelen TIR3. It's a public safety led that I've used as an auxillary brake light on 4 bikes. I believe it's brighter than any of the mc dedicated units mentioned here. Jack.
Did you just attach the TIR3 to your brake light wire?

Hamie

Did you just attach the TIR3 to your brake light wire?

Hamie

Latest posts