Take Off... To The Great White North!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
971 miles, ten million curves, half a liter of Macallan and one sore ass later; we're still rolling north towards SeaTac airport and the dreaded tripus interruptus that WWE always seems to demand of us.

Stupid internet is so crappy that I can't upload to Smugmug, so pictures will have to wait a few days. But we're loving this preamble, it's been a great ride already, with a ton of stories to follow (I gotta do SOMETHING constructive at work after all!)

It's almost time... so close now I can almost taste it!

One more set of WWE shows tonight, and Dark Meat Snack and I will be winging our way back to Seattle, to reunite with Sleeping Beauty and board the first of two ferries that will help carry our sad and tired asses (ours, not hers) north to our goal. All the preparation, what little we have done so far, is over. I have made one very important modification to Rain Cloud Follows, one which will certainly help on this journey's more perilous portions:

949806944_kTJZb-M.jpg

Lions? Tigers? Beers? Oh MYY!!!!

Follow along on the SPOT at this gigantically lettered link:

https://bit.ly/bZikwR

And once the trip is safely completed, the ride reporting will begin. For now, on with the show.

950765331_wMptv-M.jpg

Have fun Frenchy!!

Another true story. Back in the summer 1980 I was working at the first gas station out of Toronto heading east. In comes a station wagon loaded up with Skis, tobogans and I could see snow suits and boots in the back. Dad says which way to the snow? Me being the ever helpful embassador I was , and still am, I sent them back into Toronto and told them to take HWY 11 North. It's the road that goes to Thunder Bay, almost 1700 KMs. I hope they found snow.

Rob