Tank bags that don't hit the bars when fully locked.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 27 bucks here,
Crap, they're back up to $47.99. Still, post pics of yours on the feej, please. I'm still not thrilled with mine.
Nope - still $27...click on the drop down where the price is, apparently there is a difference with the model numbers ending in K, although I couldnt figure it out...

Also I can confirm from my lunch ride, at full turns both ways, bag does not hit, except for my vista cruise thumb lever, and even at that it barely brushes it...

I'll take pics when I get home and post up...

PICS -

(I have a few with the bars turned all the way, if anyone wants those I can post them as well)

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

I'm using a mid-size Marsee bag. They are known for their quality construction and this mid-size offering is the perfect size. It's expandable and has a map pocket. It does not interfere with the bars at all. I looked at many, many bags and this was, for my needs, the best thing going. Check out their web site.

+1 on the 11liter marsee magnetic. Top notch kit.

Another tank bag thread comes to life. :p
So what have you guys found that won't interfere with the bars? I'm hoping to find something with a flat map pocket so I can velcro my little waterproof hinged rally paperwork do-dad to it. :dribble:
Hey Sky, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Baglux kit. 'spensive admittedly compared to $27 tankbags but superb quality. I have used them for 9 years now on 4 different bikes.

Here's the listing for FJR1300 '03/04:-

https://www.bagster.com/en/moto/catalogue-m...hp?id_moto=3858

You can check on whichever year bike you have, as they can be colour matched. I have a tank cover in Blue (bought off Fleabay) and the Medea tankbag. Has the mappocket plus loadsaroom for stuff, and a nifty indent in the top for your sandwiches/satnav/wallet or a bag-within-a-bag. You will notice they also do just a mapholder.

Here's the detail of the N.American importers:-

https://www.bagster.com/en/moto/distributeur2.php?id_pays=44

PICS - (I have a few with the bars turned all the way, if anyone wants those I can post them as well)

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

Got mine yesterday! And yes, like the pics, it came slightly mashed all to hell. I have it on the bike and stuffed full of towels to restore the shape. All above representations are accurate. I like this bag. A very good deal for a very useable bag if you ask me.

Got mine yesterday! And yes, like the pics, it came slightly mashed all to hell. I have it on the bike and stuffed full of towels to restore the shape. All above representations are accurate. I like this bag. A very good deal for a very useable bag if you ask me.

Just FYI - I noticed the closeout price is now $13.24 --- I'm going to email them and see if I can get a refund for the difference...

2 thumbs up for Dennis Kirk - Just called and spoke with customer service, they credited my card back the $13 difference no questions asked!!

Oh, now that makes my day. :D

I am trying. We are on the phone as I type. Question have been asked...

No dice. All black ones are gone so they are no longer available, so I can't have a refund. IF, I wanted to send mine back for a blue or red one (that they still have), then I could get the refund. Oh, well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actaully, she was nice about the whole thing. She went and got the manager and all. And they did offer to let me send it back so that I could order one of the colored ones for $13. I opted for not. Really, it was a good deal at $27 and it was worth a shot at getting a credit, but no biggie.

Besides, it's actually Toe's fault for creating the "run" on the bags.

Actaully, she was nice about the whole thing. She went and got the manager and all. And they did offer to let me send it back so that I could order one of the colored ones for $13. I opted for not. Really, it was a good deal at $27 and it was worth a shot at getting a credit, but no biggie.
Besides, it's actually Toe's fault for creating the "run" on the bags.
I just ordered a black one and they put in a back order for me. I did not receive a message that they were not going to fill the back order.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cancellation email came 2 hours later.

Last edited by a moderator: