Tank Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubar

FUBAR
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a tank bag. I guess one that is expandable. Is magnetic better than stap? What would you folks recommend? Go with the Yamaha equipment?

Boy Fubar... you just fubared. Asking questions like this on Friday?

Since the FJR has been out a few years, I am expecting that you know that these type questions have been beat to death. If you're not sure how to search, it'll be to your advantage greatly to find out how. Some folks ain't so nice about lack-o-looking.

In the mean time, w/o further adieu... I present a SEARCH just for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the FJR has been out a few years, I am expecting that you know that these type questions have been beat to death. If you're not sure how to search, it'll be to your advantage greatly to find out how. Some folks ain't so nice about lack-o-looking.

:blink: :blink: :blink: Friday for you maybe... <_<

That's what you ole timers are for...to educate, and direct us youngins where to find items.

And besides....I had already searched Google but was looking for other riders experiences with tank bags..Maybe I didn't make myself clear on that. I was looking an experienced rider to offer up suggestions on their choise of tank bags...Jeeesh! That is how you learn things you don't know...by asking. It will be the last question I ask.... ;)

So, if you actually did search, you'd find a HUGE amount of discussion about what is the best type, what the different types are, etc. So... now you tellin' us stories? Huh, huh, huh? This subject is definitely a dead horse w/ a stick up his orifice & should offer great searches.

For the record... magnetic IMO

That's what you ole timers are for...to educate, and direct us youngins where to find items.

And besides....I had already searched Google but was looking for other riders experiences with tank bags..Maybe I didn't make myself clear on that. I was looking an experienced rider to offer up suggestions on their choise of tank bags...Jeeesh! That is how you learn things you don't know...by asking. It will be the last question I ask.... ;)
And Friday for you too. The ol' timers are telling you to try searching first on this subject as it has been discussed many, Many, MANY, MANY times before. And you know what old-timers do to help.......they SEARCH themselves.

Try here, here, and here. Took about 7 seconds to find by typing tank bag site:fjrforum.com. Lot's of experienced riders (evidenced by their post counts) giving lots of good suggestions on tank bags.

You don't wanna bother searching...that's fine....but you'll get mocked for being a search welfare recipient. Maybe next time you wanna say, "I searched on x, y, and z...and couldn't find a, b, or c. Am I looking for the right thing or maybe it hasn't been answered?"

You're welcome. <_<

And Friday for you too. The ol' timers are telling you to try searching first on this subject as it has been discussed many, Many, MANY, MANY times before. And you know what old-timers do to help.......they SEARCH themselves.

Try here, here, and here. Took about 7 seconds to find by typing tank bag site:fjrforum.com. Lot's of experienced riders (evidenced by their post counts) giving lots of good suggestions on tank bags.

You don't wanna bother searching...that's fine....but you'll get mocked for being a search welfare recipient. Maybe next time you wanna say, "I searched on x, y, and z...and couldn't find a, b, or c. Am I looking for the right thing or maybe it hasn't been answered?"

You're welcome. <_<
My mistake was using the search on this site...It didn't give me anything specific. You all searched outside this site using the FJRforum as part of your search string...I won't make that mistake again. DJR

My mistake was using the search on this site...It didn't give me anything specific. You all searched outside this site using the FJRforum as part of your search string...I won't make that mistake again. DJR
When you signed up and you agreed to various terms....and you were recommended to read various things. That statement is pinned in the New Users Area and detailed here for your convenience.

I like the Cortech 21L bag. Its big enough, but not too big. The only issue is- you want to make sure it sits back on the tank, so this gives the bars enough room when turned all the way in parking lot manuevers. I also got the magnetic model and it works very well. I like it better than straps just for convienence.

h_rn.jpg

Scott

For real... I don't think that if an attempt is made to look for the information, anybody will give you crap. Heck, we all ask questions. If there is possibility that my question has been asked a lot in the past, I look for the answer b4 asking.

I use 2 magnetic bags...the Joe Rocket Manta, or the Nelson Rigg CL-50 micro...the Manta is great for cell phone and music set up, and the CL-50 is good for map set up. Both are small bags.

Jay

'04 FJR 1300

I have a magnetic eclipse expandable that is great. Very stout magnets, high quality zippers, rain cover and nylon material. Runs about $100.00

Jack.