Tank Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the market for a tank bag. I guess one that is expandable. Is magnetic better than stap? What would you folks recommend? Go with the Yamaha equipment?
I have a tank bag that in niether magnetic of straps. It is secured to a ring around the gas cap. I like it because it wont scrath and very easy on off about 2 seconds.

IMGP0454.jpg

IMGP0478.jpg

IMGP0451.jpg

It is avalible hereTwisted Thrttle

I have the Engage They also have the Engage XL that is a little larger.

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched on this, I swear, but wondering if anyone has tried the Fieldsheer Contour tank bag? Just wondering how it well it will fit the FJR tank. It's sharp looking and includes backpack straps and some nice features.

Thanks

tough crowd, eh? :unsure:

I'm in the market for a tank bag. I guess one that is expandable. Is magnetic better than stap? What would you folks recommend? Go with the Yamaha equipment?
I have a tank bag that in niether magnetic of straps. It is secured to a ring around the gas cap. I like it because it wont scrath and very easy on off about 2 seconds.

IMGP0454.jpg

IMGP0478.jpg

IMGP0451.jpg

It is avalible hereTwisted Thrttle

I have the Engage They also have the Engage XL that is a little larger.

I've just rigged this up on my F4.... I kinda like it. I use the Yamaha Eurobag (or whatever it is called, apparently not as readily available in the US) for the FJR, so probably not going to put the SW-Motech ring on just yet.

This one is the Trip QL. I also bought the Engage Sport, which is a bit bigger. Nice setup, especially with the navi mount. Watch for: Weight. It will probably cause some side of the bag to touch the tank. I also had to tape up the 'expandable' zipper, as that touched the tank. I'm a bit less picky on the FJR, it gets used for harder touring, so the tank already has a couple small scratches from god knows what.....

With the optional Map Holder.....

2580550735_58c09ac45c.jpg

just the bag....

2580569039_8924d0bd9b.jpg

'stuff' inside. unexpanded.

2580569859_d65bee8441.jpg

taping up the doofy zipper.

2580567271_9c0511048d.jpg

FJR with the tank bag I use there. magnetic.

2470186460_0116679db4.jpg

I have yet to use the Engage Sport. I'll look to get that on the Brutale sometime soon. Rainy season is here, so not looking to do too much distance on that bike just yet....but we'll see.... :)

i'm not an old timer (i don't think), and not too much of a post whore, but I don't mind talking about my tank bag(s) over and over again..... :rolleyes:

-colin