TANK BAGS!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cortech super mini magnetic.works great

save the Strap on stuff for the professionals.
I have that bag too, and used it for the first time this weekend.

Went out to do some slow speed practice and left my hard bags safely in the garage. The mini bag was big enough to get a dozen flat cones, a tape measure and all the other stuff that a girl cannot travel without!

Jill

I use a Marsee Teardrop 15L strap-on. If I had to do it over again, I honestly don't know whether I'd go with the strap-on or change to a mag-mount. At any rate. I'm quite happy with the bag. By the way, it is supposed to have a no-scratch-bottom, but I cut a piece of tooldrawer liner to fit between the bag and gas tank. It's kind of a pain during gas ups, but it gives me peace of mind.

Brian

Bagster

TWN was who recommended this to me and I love mine.

The tank cover makes create protection from your legs and debre.

The tank cover has a hole for fueling.

The bags expand, putting them on and off is as easy as loping through 2 loops in the front and snapping them on in the rear.

The color you can see in the link below the tank cover looks really nice IMHO.

Expensive but dual purpose and very well made...

https://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/spa...00ceebailey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You might also consider the K-Drive tank cover and attachable bag. I like the tank cover because it's easier to grip the tank with my legs and I find myself leaning forward less and putting less weight on my hands when riding. The tank bag attaches to the tank cover with 3 straps. Works for me B)
I got mine from John Bunton [email protected] K-Drive
+1 (both on the cover & bag and for going through John)

The BIG Cortec expandable, even fully expanded, it isn't in the way, and I like the detachable map pocket. Magnets are good for over 100mph. Lots of places to store stuff!

Joe rocket ,, this bag zips together ,, it's 2 bags in one ,, both have map pockets and the top bag goes on the pillon if you want to seperate them ,, also has shoulder straps for carrying away from the bike ,, I like it ,, serves me well ,,

cam1040.jpg

The only regret I have about my tank bag is that it doesn't have straps like a back pack. I hate having to take it off and carry it around when I want to go for lunch or a walk.

gypsy

Bagster has a hand grip and straps. I don't use the straps but they will work like a back pack. Looks like the K-Drive bag is very similar to the Bagster.

I couldn't find a pic on the link that kindofblue posted but a quick search came up with other distributors with pictures. PS John Bunton seems to be selling his business and everything seems to be on sell...

Hi All - I am new to this forum - I ride a 2005 fjr.

question: I am interested in tank bag. Ideally to hold a digital camera & telephone.

do I need to consider the electronics and the magnets

tkx