Tank Bra Options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second Look has great looking half bras.
clicky

J Mc
The 2nd look web site says the bra is blue but shows a CF looking one with white or silver lettering. The '05 one has no pictures. I'd really rather have a plain black standard vinyl bra. Anyone have a picture of the 2nd look on an '05?

found this one....pretty slick .

05 Color matched tank bra
One caveat. Those flexible magnetic overlays are made of the same material as the various "ribbon" magnets you see around on cars. You know the ones, yellow ribbons for the military heroes, pink ribbons for breast cancer, etc. The problem with these is that if left in place too long, especially if exposed to the sun, they can soften and stick to the paint underneath making it very difficult to remove without scratching the paintwork. I had this happen on one of my daughters cars. If you do go with one of these I would suggest removing it on a regular basis for cleaning and waxing underneath.

YBMV

Thanks guys,

The black Second Look is exactly what I was looking for. I will post a pic when I get it.

Thanks

Archer

I'm looking for a half-tank bra to save my paint. Anyone purchased one recently? I have an 05.
Thanks

Archer
I installed a tank bra on my brand new cbr929rr to protect the tank paint. Removed it about 6 mos later to wax tank and found it had chaffed the paint. Tank bras are good for hiding existing paint damage but may actually damage good paint over time. You may want to research other tank protecting devices.