Tank Protection From Crotch Rubbing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a tankslapper which I think is the cats ass. You can't see it easily, it has not budged since the day I put it on, and I can't imagine ever wearing it out. And if it does, for $15 it is money well spent.

Hey Thuggy, I can't tell from the plane of the photo: does the MCcruise can get in the way of the right pillion peg?

-BD

Carbon Fibre Tank Protector from Geelong Carbon Craft here in Oz very strong and very pretty as you can see...
Thug ..... I'm interested. I went and looked at the web page, but I got questions. Is it a magnet, similar to a Mag-Knight product? If not, how does it attach?

Mag-Knight magnetic tank protector in carbon-fiber look is a good looking product on my '05. It's also nice to be able to remove it easily for waxing the tank, and it protects the tank-sides from your knees. :)

As with all magnetic products, make sure you check the undersides for metal filings/debris/garage crap, before reinstalling it as it pickes up tank-scratching material quite easily. :erm:

:clap: I have had a mag-knight on my 05 since i got it in may 05 great fit just came back from 4k trip no problems also get the top piece that goes over the gas cap area buy as a set mine is carbon fiber look on the fast and furious 05 blue get it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

weekend rider

No not yet...but I intend to put the can under the seat plenty of room there just have to take the can off that houses the pod then no worries! :D

Last edited by a moderator: