Tank protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechJunkie

Reaction score
I have tried to research this and apologize in advance if I have missed a helpful post.

I am looking for something to protect my tank other than the standard tank protectors. I am really wanting something that is clear and pretty much unnoticeable. If that is hard to come by I am open to suggestions. I am also looking for a tank bag and noticed that some tank bags come with a strap system instead of being magnetic. Would this provide additional protection in the lower section of tank where it is getting scratched.

Anyway, like I said suggestions welcome, or a link pointing me in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I just ordered the tank slapper film. Haven't received it yet.

Clicky

Also, if you use goggle to search and put in

tank protection site:fjrforum.co

you will get a bunch of hits on a variety of tank protections schemes.

Welcome to the forum.

7X

You need Carver Tape! :rolleyes:

Just kidding, I gave up on this quest 2 years ago.. now I just run blue painters tape under the magnetic bag and it's become a trademark. Plus, I can easily discern my scoot in a sea of fjr'rs... I would rather my scoot look good at *resale* time than on the ride time..

Hi,I just ordered the tank slapper film. Haven't received it yet.

Clicky

Welcome to the forum.

7X

Thanks for the info. Ordered the Tank Slapper kit and will see how it works. I hope to get a good tank bag and be set. There are so many tank bags yet I find so few at motorcycle shops. I wish I could find an outlet that had a good selection so I could actually see them prior to purchasing.

Thanks again for the information. I will let you know how it goes when it comes in. It should solve my problem. I am going to work out the fine scratches prior to installing the Tank Slapper even if I have to have my friendly body shop work their magic.

Www.mag-knight.com

Tank%20Bra%20and%20Top%203%20FJR1300%20reduced%20for%20web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the tankslapper installed on my FJR. It's not invisible, but it looks "okay" and is staying in place and protecting the paint. I'd give it a 7.

Hi,I just ordered the tank slapper film. Haven't received it yet.

Clicky

Welcome to the forum.

7X

Just FYI, I don't know if he is actually up and running. His house was one of the ones that was a total loss when we had the fires back in October. I know he was in the process of rebuilding, but uncertain on the status.

Rick

I just installed the "full" Tank slapper kit. They say full, but there are 2 panels for the tank that are optional(?) I need to order them now.

It went on easy and you can't see it at all.

Here is the Tankslapper on 06. Been on for almost a year with no problems. My color probably lends itself to about as good of results as you can get. The white arrows are pointing at edges. If you look closely you can see them but for the most part its invisable. I'm very happy with them. They were a breeze to install.

tankslapper2.jpg

I'm getting the full kit. Cheap money, great quality.https://www.thetankslapper.biz/online-store/scstore/main.htmhttps://www.thetankslapper.biz/online-store/scstore/main.htm
I got this same kit and it works pretty good but it is almost impossible to make it invisible on the black paint. It looks really good on the grey parts and headlights.
Any pictures of it on black? I expect it to be more noticeable on black than silver or blue. That is the one price you pay for such a beautiful black color. EVERYTHING shows.

I'm getting the full kit. Cheap money, great quality.https://www.thetankslapper.biz/online-store/scstore/main.htmhttps://www.thetankslapper.biz/online-store/scstore/main.htm
I got this same kit and it works pretty good but it is almost impossible to make it invisible on the black paint. It looks really good on the grey parts and headlights.
Any pictures of it on black? I expect it to be more noticeable on black than silver or blue. That is the one price you pay for such a beautiful black color. EVERYTHING shows.
I will try to get some for you tonight. Just did 800 miles this last weekend and the bike is very dirty :blink: