Tank protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Second-Look tank cover for the '06, www.second-look.com The black cover has a carbon fiber look that matches the stock seat (can't see that on the site pix though.) I think it also helps insulate me from the warm tank (it was 97 degrees here in VA yesterday.) I also like the looks of the bagster too.

Not the best pictures but here are some with the tank slapper on the black tank.
102_3294.jpg

102_3290.jpg
Thank you for taking the time to post these. They may say blue is faster but black is sexier! :clapping:

Wow, the tankslpper is so much more visable on the black Then on the silver. It looks like you didnt work all the bubbles out. Unless its just the pics. I would reapply those puppies and use a ton of water under them. I think you may be able to get a better result. That black really is sexy!

Wow, the tankslpper is so much more visable on the black Then on the silver. It looks like you didnt work all the bubbles out. Unless its just the pics. I would reapply those puppies and use a ton of water under them. I think you may be able to get a better result. That black really is sexy!
Your right those are bubbles and lint. I had taken them off after the first failed attemp and then put them on real quick to go on a trip and use my tankbag. I am going to give it one more try and if it still comes out bad I wil be looking into something else. I only had problems on the black areas the silver really hides the little imperfections.

Last edited by a moderator: