tank protector pad suggestions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean

mst3kguy
Reaction score
for those of you that use one of those spine-looking tank protectors that protects from your jacket zipper, where'd you purchase it? i know they're pretty much all the same concept, just a look preference of carbon fiber racer boy vs. black vs. naked chick. i'm not interested in any type of film, whether it's mag-knight, geelong, etc. just one of those "pads". i've never used one, dont' know if there's any difference in quality or what to avoid, just asking for suggestions on what and where to get it.

thx,

for those of you that use one of those spine-looking tank protectors that protects from your jacket zipper, where'd you purchase it? i know they're pretty much all the same concept, just a look preference of carbon fiber racer boy vs. black vs. naked chick. i'm not interested in any type of film, whether it's mag-knight, geelong, etc. just one of those "pads". i've never used one, dont' know if there's any difference in quality or what to avoid, just asking for suggestions on what and where to get it.
thx,

I have these https://www.techspec-usa.com/gs/yamaha.html and like them alot. They look better on the bike than the picture. They don't come off in the car wash. And they say they are reusable, I don't know about that though.

The tank protector piece directly in front of the seat? I got mine at CycleGear. I'd think ANY bike store (except a cruiser shop) would carry them, even many dealers. Also check the online bike stores.