Tank protector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMC

Reaction score
OK, I apologize ahead of time as I know this thread really doesn't belong in this section.

I came across a thread on the board that led you to a site that showed you European FJR tank protectors that were clear and graduated to a smoke color. I believe the word Yamaha FJR were on it somewhere.

The clear section allowed you to see the paint color of the tank below.

Can anyone direct me to the section or thread that had that info. Since coming across it a month ago, I can't seem to find it again.

Thinking about finding a co-worker to buy one for me in Europe and bringing it back stateside for me. Or calling a dealer over there who would be willing to sell it and ship it to me?

Thanks for your help and sorry about this thread being in the wrong section, but I figured a lot more of you would see it here then in the ads or wanted section.

I think that is a Genuine Yamaha part in Europe. You might want to have your friend over there go check with a Yamaha dealer.

We had a board member on the U.K. FJR site that did a sort of group buy for us last year. Have one on my bike, looks nice.

OK, I apologize ahead of time as I know this thread really doesn't belong in this section.
I would suggest then in the future putting it in the right place...so the admins don't have to. Might trying searching here or on Google for "tank slapper". It's a great part or accessory...hint...hint. Have a set installed myself.

I've seen a tank protector for the ara where your zipper might rub that was of the "faded" variety. I think the owner purchased @ Cycle World or another "box" store. It doesn't have the Yamaha logo.

Can anyone post a picture of the protector in question? If there is enough interest, we may be able to get FJR Goodies to order a few.

You mean this one?

Resin Tank Pad Generic

# Generic Yamaha Tank Pad Prevents your fuel tank from scratches from jacket zipper etc.

# Genuine Yamaha design

# Semi-ttansparent design - Adapts to the colour of your fuel tank

Suitable for most Yamaha motorcycles

YMDW074000TP_HR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this is the one in question...

2694FJR_tank_protector.jpg

I have a friend in Canada who contacted his local dealer for me. It's available, but the price was a bit exhorbitant in my opine. It was gonna run about $55 USD + shipping. I'd love to have one, but just couldn't suck up the price for a piece of rubber...even an attractive piece of rubber. I bought a more generic one at Iron Pony for $21. If you're dying to get one though, the Yamamama part # is 5JW-W0740-00-TP

Hey,

Maybe the factory reps can bring some down to Reno in July. I think they might sell a few.

Bill

I believe this is the one in question...
2694FJR_tank_protector.jpg

I have a friend in Canada who contacted his local dealer for me. It's available, but the price was a bit exhorbitant in my opine. It was gonna run about $55 USD + shipping. I'd love to have one, but just couldn't suck up the price for a piece of rubber...even an attractive piece of rubber. I bought a more generic one at Iron Pony for $21. If you're dying to get one though, the Yamamama part # is 5JW-W0740-00-TP
Yep, that's the one that I just picked up in Helsinki. You got the part number right. It was pretty expensive at 35 Euro. But hey, the shipping cost four grand. :)

Cheers,

Jim

Stopped in at my local USA dealer and he said there was no way he could get them. So .......... lil help from our Euro friends, would anyone be willing to pick one up and ship it to me?

Is there many in US who wants those? How many I'll buy from my dealer and send out to you guys/girls?
Has anyone talked to FJRGoodies? They have a source on items not available to the US masses.

Maybe if theres enough intrest......