tbs and pc111

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICK K

Reaction score
Bought a 2008 with power commander installed.Does the bike still need to have the throttle body sync done? The bike runs great. Thanks, Rick

These are two different things. The Power Commander alters the fuel map, to enrich the mixture under certain conditions. This can be used to improve engine smoothness or increase performance or both. A throttle body sync, evens out the bypass air through the throttle bodies, and mostly affects the idle. It can make the idle smoother, and even out the air intake to the cylinders. Your question is like asking if having a power commander means you don't need to change spark plugs...unrelated.

Will a PC III from an '08 FJR having map code 419-410 work on an '07 ????? Need to know by tomorrow please..... I only see a stock map code of 419-411 on the power commander web site, so does this mean it is a custom map downloaded on this unit or what?

Will a PC III from an '08 FJR having map code 419-410 work on an '07 ????? Need to know by tomorrow please..... I only see a stock map code of 419-411 on the power commander web site, so does this mean it is a custom map downloaded on this unit or what?
My guess it will work, but will not be optimum.

The throttle cam on the '06 and '07 was very abrupt, it was made more normal on the '08.

So I'd expect this to be taken into account on an '07 map, and the '08 onwards would be a little different.

You might find the '08 would seem a little sluggish on initial throttle opening using an '07 map.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a PCIII on my '08 but I have Remus cans and a modded air box. I tried several maps from the PC site and did not like any of them. I ended up merging a Wally's Smoothness map with a Dale's HoleShot map and tweaking some individual cells mildly (tweak and ride, tweak and ride, rinse and repeat about 6 times). My bike fuels smoothly and runs strong from idle to redline so I'm happy with the result.

Any map for the FJR coded for the PCIII will run the bike, some not so good though because they were made for specific set ups. Lots of maps out there on the net, just takes some work to find the best one for you. Of course you can always pony up and have a custom dyno map made.