TBS synch tools

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Twin Max on my Beemer twin. Don't you have to make sure that both vacuum lines from the Twin Max have EXACTLY (as close as possible) the same length to the the TB's? Just wondering.-Sirby :blink:
No, the length of the line will not dramatically effect the pressure (vacuum) because there is essentially zero flow, therefore insignificant pressure drop along the lines regardless of length or diameter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the Morgan CarbTune on many FJRs at the past couple of EOMs. It is easy to use and works fine. The only caveat is that you need to set it up initially by putting a restrictor tube in each hose to minimize pulsing on the gauge. Everything you need is included with the CarbTune when you buy it, just follow the instructions.

I replaced my old mercury carb styx with a new mercury free SyncPRO Carb Tuner from Motion Pro clicky. Works great!
I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these Syncpro tools. Did you have to buy the 6mm adapters they sell for Yamahas or did the tool work on the FJR without them?
I'm ready to buy a Syncpro as well. Can someone who has used one confirm if the 6mm adapters are needed for the FJR?

I have an '07 FJR and ordered the SyncPRO. I did the throttle body sync maybe a month ago. The 6mm adapters are not needed. The tubes fit the the throttle bodies as you get them. Follow the directions carefully and it is an easy job. Finally, be careful of those rubber vacuum caps you will remove from the throttle body - they are slippery! :yahoo:

Good Luck

BBQ

One more thought - while you are in there you might consider installing iradium spark plugs. After the throttle body sync and the new plugs the bike starts better and runs noticably smoother.

BBQ

I'm another of the cheapskates that made their own differential manometer, a few yards of tubing, two T-pieces from a garden centre, and half a pint of engine oil (self damping, at least at the near freezing temperatures when I did it!).

(Click on image for larger view.)

Pictorial description of my TBS here.

Last edited by a moderator: