Tech Day XXVII - October 5, 2024, in Marysville, Ohio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am planning on stopping by for a meet and greet and thank Ray for his help with the fork
seal replacement. I'll arrive Friday afternoon and stay at a local hotel.
I'm assuming you'll send directions?

Malcolm Stocker
White Lake MI

the saying "the husband or wife is always the last to know" is so true.. I just mentioned to my wife AGAIN about going to ohio 10/4-10/6..and she says that she doesnt remember me mentioning it and that we have a wedding on the 6th..FML..thxs for the invite and maybe a raincheck for 2025

Bummer - hopefully we'll see ya next time 'round!

And who would schedule their wedding the weekend of our Tech Day, anyway?

So…
I’ve reviewed your updated attendance post and it appears we’ve only one valve check on the schedule. Seeing as I took a slot on center stage last year, I’m somewhat relieved my new-to-me 2014 only has 17k miles on it and isn’t ready for such invasive surgery. However, I am due for plugs so here’s what I’m thinking:

•Change plugs
•Brake/clutch fluid replacement and bleed
•Lubricate various pivot points
•Observe (read: try not to get in the way) another valve check
•Inquire about what kind of project it’ll be to service the front forks on my ES when the time comes including how to discern when that time has come
•Maybe remove my PAIR system if Wayne shows up with cover plates? (I don’t know his name on the forum 😕)

I may need to be in Middletown, OH earlier in the day Friday so I’ll probably show up that evening (in time for dinner out with the gang?) and stay in a hotel before making a nuisance of myself Saturday.