Tech Day XXVII - October 5, 2024, in Marysville, Ohio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd never guess that this loverly bunch-o-coconuts is the brain trust that makes the magic happen. What a great crowd! Somebody else is going to have to tag everyone here so I don't embarrass myself. Way to "smile" for the camera Ray!IMG_20241005_113530492_HDR.jpg

Saturday, 10/5/2024
It was fairly laid-back getting started Saturday. Eventually, FJRFarrier and her dad rolled in.
IMG_9870-X3.jpg

vfrfjr made it as well, and that's FJRFarrier's dad's '87 'Wing, which was made just up the road from us. Still purrs like a kitten.
IMG_9871-X3.jpg

We could not have asked for better weather. The biggest concern was chasing shade for those just hanging out.
IMG_9872-X3.jpg

There was work being done, though. TimDOG's bike (in the garage on the right) had a valve check done (along with tires courtesy of the extrememarine tire change station at the Iron Pony in Columbus) - no shims were changed although he's gonna need a CCT swap at some point, bbbrowles (in the garage on the left) had his forks serviced, and Ryan (outside the garage) used my Dremel to make some gouges in his plastic to route wires for some SWEET aux lights.
IMG_9873-X3.jpg

After his valve check was wrapped up, TimDOG decided to clean up some messy wiring on his bike and yamafitter and raYzerman helped me out with a front brake and clutch bleed (my clutch fluid was NASSSSSTY) and clean and lube the rear brake lever.
IMG_9874-X3.jpg

The Motorcycles of Tech Day. Matt Lacomb came out and hung out with us - always great seeing ya, Matt! Malcolm came by as well (no pics - sorry!).
IMG_9875-X3.jpg

The work wrapped up fairly early, which is always nice, so we hung out and chatted and had some tasty pizza.
IMG_9876-X3.jpg

TimDOG, FJRFarrier, mlacomb, and vfrfjr.
IMG_9877-X3.jpg

Eventually it was time to say 'til next time to FJRFarrier and her dad, Veep.
IMG_9879-X3.jpg

IMG_9880-X3.jpg

Being relatively local, Matt headed out as well.
IMG_9881-X3.jpg

We got Ray's tools packed into his truck and then maybe, just maybe, some shenanigans started. I blame TimDOG and d-eagle.
IMG_9883-X3.jpg

Well this just looks like a good idea, doesn't it? What could he be up to....
IMG_9884-X3.jpg

d-eagle, wearing extremarine's helmet, ramming a Ram. What's the worst that could happen?
IMG_9885-X3.jpg

Sunday, 10/6/2024

As the sun rose this morning, the Michiganders headed out.

d-eagle on his 'Wing.
IMG_9888-X3.jpg

As well as extrememarine and TimDOG.
IMG_9890-X3.jpg

For me, this is always the most melancholy moment of Tech Day... Hearing the bikes as they head out of the driveway...
IMG_9893-X3.jpg

A Tech Day first, I had the garage reset by aboot 8:10 am. That is a f'n RECORD!
IMG_9894-X3.jpg

The Grand Canadian Invasion Farce made a run for the border not long after.
IMG_9895-X3.jpg

There were just a few orphans that we will find homes for.
IMG_9897-X3.jpg

And last but not least, it was time to take down the flag, which is the equivalent of the Olympics closing ceremony.
IMG_9896-X3.jpg

Where to start.....
Thanks to my wife, Sooze, for keeping the crowd fed and putting up with the shenanigans.

Thanks to the Grand Canadian Invasion Farce, raYzerman and yamafitter, for throwing themselves into working on whatever needed to be done, no questions asked.

Thanks to extrememarine for also helping anyone out with anything.

Thanks to all the attendees. It was soooooo much fun hanging out with everyone, especially since we couldn't make EOM this year.

'Til the next time...

Tech Day XXVII is officially a wrap.