Techspec tank grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you just get the side protectors/Tank Pads, or the center protector as well?

I'm inclined to Tank Pro #1 as it is the wide one, but not sure. any suggestions or pictures?

I'm looking at $43.95 free s/h on eBay for High Fusion side pieces plus $16.95 for the center

I got a three piece set. I can not say enough good about them. Been on about a year and no scratches on the tank. The MagNight I ruined in very short order, along with the second one I bought.

This product is the best of the lot IMHO.

I just went with the side pieces. Haven't installed them yet since we're in the process of moving and they're packed in a box somewhere.
fool.gif

Installed the three piece set on my new '09 in May 2010. Still look good and have prevented the tank from being scratched up. Good product and well worth the tjme and expense.

okay okay..i like that...is that a 3 piece kit? or two different kits...how much?

Gbjbany

Do you have pictures of the installed setup on your genII? If yes, pls share

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve used Techspec with great satisfaction for many years, But recently their quality control seems to have gone down the shitter. A couple of months ago I got a pair for the Gen III. On the left pad, the adhesive came off with the protective paper so it couldn’t be mounted (other than with the use of duct tape). The company replaced it right away and I wrote it off to “one in a million”. Last night I went to mount a pair on the Multistrada. Same damn thing. The adhesive on the left pad came right off when the protective paper was removed. Phooey.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would definitely call or email them....atleast so they know, they might not have changed anything, could be a change in adhesive or something that they are not privy to

i would definitely call or email them....atleast so they know, they might not have changed anything, could be a change in adhesive or something that they are not privy to
Already e-mailed them. They responded quite well on the prior problem.