Techspec tank grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did all 3
2013-01-16%2016.27.10.jpg
-

This thicker rubber pad looks a lot different than the pictures on Techspec's website. Is this the "Snakeskin", "High Fusion" or "C3" model that you installed?

Last edited by a moderator:
i did all 3
2013-01-16%2016.27.10.jpg
-

This thicker rubber pad looks a lot different than the pictures on Techspec's website. Is this the "Snakeskin", "High Fusion" or "C3" model that you installed?
That is the snakeskin. I have the 2 side pieces and love them. Makes gripping the tank with your legs much easier. I opted out of the middle piece due to its thickness, thought it would create a problem with my magnetic tank bag. I have a progrip tank protector there.

i did all 3
-

That is the snakeskin. I have the 2 side pieces and love them. Makes gripping the tank with your legs much easier. I opted out of the middle piece due to its thickness, thought it would create a problem with my magnetic tank bag. I have a progrip tank protector there.
10-4...thanks!

Got them yesterday and installed it last night. A bit pricey to me but a really nice product. Man does it ever grab your pants and hold you in position though when you squeeze the tank! I could tell that just testing it in the shop. Should be a practical product to have when leaning off the bike in the mountain curves. Really matches the lines on the tank and looks nice as well.

I installed this set in June 2010 just after taking delivery of my '09. https://techspec-usa.com/magento/index.php/snake-skin-60495.html I had to call to order as the design was still in beta but what I have looks the same as that in the link. No fading, haven't tried to reposition. Wax buildup cleans up easily with a small detail brush. Really makes a big difference in grip. No interference with t small Cortech magnetic mount bag.