• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TechSpec's Gripster Tank Grips/Protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed a set of these tank grips a couple weeks ago and really like them!
+1- Great grip but the corners have a tendency to pull up. What is the best way to stick them back down?

Bill
Bill, did you get this worked out? i just got off the phone with Dean @ techspec, he said you should call him at 916-941-6606 if you have any problems with adhesion. Dean said they are very customer oriented, and want people to be happy with their product.

He is sending me a sample package to see if I want snake skin, or the fusion.
No, I have not called him. I did try a hair dryer on the corner that is pealing back but it didn't stick. Its not really that bad, and I figure nothing last forever. I do like the product though since it gives a very good surface to grip and it protects the tank. I have the fusion, but I thought they used to have a clear product but I don't see it offered for the FJR anymore.

Bill

I installed a set of these tank grips a couple weeks ago and really like them!
+1- Great grip but the corners have a tendency to pull up. What is the best way to stick them back down?

Bill
Bill, did you get this worked out? i just got off the phone with Dean @ techspec, he said you should call him at 916-941-6606 if you have any problems with adhesion. Dean said they are very customer oriented, and want people to be happy with their product.

He is sending me a sample package to see if I want snake skin, or the fusion.
No, I have not called him. I did try a hair dryer on the corner that is pealing back but it didn't stick. Its not really that bad, and I figure nothing last forever. I do like the product though since it gives a very good surface to grip and it protects the tank. I have the fusion, but I thought they used to have a clear product but I don't see it offered for the FJR anymore.

Bill
I have the snakeskin. My install is ugly. I covered a lot more tank than I needed to. Should have have gone for the Bonneville look, but even then I would have had a squared edge rather than a finished edge like the old Triumph Bonneville. Ugly is OK if it works and these pads work for me as I feel a lot more connection in corners. This is a cheap farkle and definitely worth a try. I have no peeling issues ....yet

I got the ones just like the first picture in this thread. Have done a couple of rides on mine so far and they work fine.

I had the Tank slapper kit on last year but could never get it on perectly clear. I also have a habit of using a leaf blower to dry the bike after washing and the Tank Slaper stuff just blew away. The Gripster stays put in the car wash and using the leaf blower.

I'm happy.