Teck Day at Slappy's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa Fe Dreamin'

Reaction score
One of the many things discussed on today’s ride to Big Bear was an opportunity for the talented to help the less talented. Fortunately, Slappy was absent during this discussion so we are volunteering his place and his talent.

The idea is for those of us totally inept or close to being inept, to have someone look over their shoulders while we:

1. Install a Power Commander

2. Oil Change

3. Other stuffWhat do you need

Slappy, what day works for you?

:yahoo: :clapping: :dribble: :blink: :unsure: :rolleyes: :clapping:

I can do Sunday labor day weekend then the following weekend the mom inlaw is it town for the following week, after that I am completely open. Let me know what works for you. I have a garage big enough for 6 bikes if I remove the cars. I live in a townhouse to space is limited. I am willing to do this more than once.

I can do Sunday labor day weekend then the following weekend the mom inlaw is it town for the following week, after that I am completely open. Let me know what works for you. I have a garage big enough for 6 bikes if I remove the cars. I live in a townhouse to space is limited. I am willing to do this more than once.

COOOOOOOOL!!!!

I'll be in and our of town for the next several weeks so my ask would be for any of the following:

1. Sunday 9/28

2. October 5 or 10

I'm following your Sunday theme plus that way we can leave Saturdays for ridding.

Several questions:

1. How do the above listed dates work for others?

2. Do you know the model # and best place to buy the Power Commander?

3. What stuff do others need done/worked on?

Thanks

Slappy - Just an FYI... Tech days require the host to supply massive amounts of beverages, food, and tools. :eek:

I'm willing to come down and help supervise those to do things such as oil and filter changes, other fluid changes, bleed brakes etc, change out hydraulic lines, change horns, remove wheels, lube splines, many other little things, etc. B)

I just want to make sure Slappy gets my lunch and beverages covered. ;)

If you guys have plenty of local talent to help, I'll back off for the sake of room.

Last edited by a moderator:
If room:

I would love to join in to get a bit of advice on a un-stabile front.

Does it help I'm an Executive Chef and can handle the lunch?

seriously; I don't mind to hook us up with a BBQ (I'll pay for the food) if you guys has the time and space for it.

All are invited even if you're there just to observe and pick fun of the rest of us.

A chef who will bring a BBQ…. This is a rhetorical question, right? Bring on the BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously I’m thrilled to have the more the merrier. But, it’s rally up to Slappy. Worst case, we can move the festivities to my place. I’m at the end of a caldasack and have neighbors with a sense of humor (they need one living next to me).

I have room in my garage for 6 and its completely empty. I have limited tools, enough to do oil, PCIII, TBS, Spline Lube and other very basic functions. I have a good size gas grill perfect for preparing any dead animal of choice. And beverages, well thats a given. There is also room on the street if enough people want to show up we can run this is groups of 6 at a time. Any people that just want to volenteer their time as a subject matter expert would be greatly appreciated. The Oil, Spline TBS and PCIII I can definitely do. Anything beyond this and for GENI I am a little gray on.

I don't know if this matters to anyone, but the memorial ride/BBQ in honor of Twowheelnut is Sat, Sept 27. Could be a long weekend if you plan to do both. FYI.

I don't know if this matters to anyone, but the memorial ride/BBQ in honor of Twowheelnut is Sat, Sept 27. Could be a long weekend if you plan to do both. FYI.
Good point, Duh. I was thinking this month and this weekend. I'm out of it. :blink: :huh:

I would agree, that would be a lot, doing the tech day and the TWN memorial and ride. I more then likely would not do the tech day Sunday, 9/28.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also going up for the ride. Just purchased a givi for the better half so now she can go.

Santa Fe what works best for you in October?

Either or works for me except for 10/17 when I'll be on Willow Springs with the ZX10 (I think that's a Friday anyway). I'll be on the ride on 9/27 as well.

Cheers. Dam, just read this and Sunday would be perfect for me, just to observe.

Generally I can't do Sundays as I need to play soccer, it's the only exercise I get these days. But no game this week due to the holiday.

Oh well, I'll follow the thread and try to make it whenever..........

Cheers.

all you guys that are coming up for tims ride and service need to post your votes in the memorial thread so can get an accurate number count..

R

I am also going up for the ride. Just purchased a givi for the better half so now she can go.
Santa Fe what works best for you in October?
Slappy:

I appreciate you asking me. But this is at your place.

My Sundays are open for all of October. What works best for you?