Tent that fits in side case or Givi E52

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did check out Eureka Apex which you have, I think this is the one.

https://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Produc...mp;CS_010=28103

It says that packed size is 18.5in x 6in., which I think would fit in top E52 case or even side cases.

The Eureka Apex w/fiber poles fits in the saddle bag. There are two versions, one has longer poles, the long pole version won't fit, IIRC. I have the short pole version and like it. It's a 2 man, but realistically, it's a comfy one man tent with room for your riding gear.
edit: There's also an aluminum pole version. Not sure if it fits or not. More $$

There are hundreds of choices of tents out there in touring land. But for motorcyclists there are several points you’ll want to understand about selecting the right one for you. For tents, vestibule space (that space outside the tent covered by the rain fly) is important because you may be storing your boots, luggage or other gear there. The more the better. The second point is that if you’re traveling solo it’s advisable to carry a two man tent so you have storage space inside the tent for your gear. If you’re traveling two-up carry a three man tent so you don’t kill each other trying to stow your gear and move around. The third concern should be weight. Yeah, you’re not on a mountaineering expedition, but the less weight on your bike when you travel the easier it will be to maneuver it. The final concern needs to be quality. It’s been proven time and again that the cheap brands don’t hold up – that’s why they’re cheap!

My pick: Sierra Designs Velox 2

There are hundreds of choices of tents out there in touring land. But for motorcyclists there are several points you’ll want to understand about selecting the right one for you. For tents, vestibule space (that space outside the tent covered by the rain fly) is important because you may be storing your boots, luggage or other gear there. The more the better. The second point is that if you’re traveling solo it’s advisable to carry a two man tent so you have storage space inside the tent for your gear. If you’re traveling two-up carry a three man tent so you don’t kill each other trying to stow your gear and move around. The third concern should be weight. Yeah, you’re not on a mountaineering expedition, but the less weight on your bike when you travel the easier it will be to maneuver it. The final concern needs to be quality. It’s been proven time and again that the cheap brands don’t hold up – that’s why they’re cheap!
+1 on that, hence my recomendation. Evo 2P has duel vestables, room for two grown adults (thus additional storage on a one up trip) ultalight and great protection.

Didn't see it on the Sierra Designs website: <Link>

I now have a Nelson Rigg Survivor big bag that I can put the tent in or attach it to the outside. My bike is equipped with a Mama Yamma trunk.

fyi: the poles in their stuff sack are 21" long and can fit in the trunk from upper corner diagonal to lower corner, but I haven't done that. I would put the tent, ground cloth, stakes in their own stuff sack, and loft in the big stuff sack which is 17" long in a hard bag or trunk alone. Then attach the poles on the outside of the trunk or passenger seat. Or just bungee the whole thing somewhere on the outside since it's waterproof. I wanted a plenty of room tent for just moi or if I bring one of my teenager kids along.

The NorthFace is Packed Size: 25 x 7in, did that fit in your E52 or side bags?

I went with the North Face Rock 22 bx for the biggest bang for the buck IMHO. It's a largish 2 people tent. 2 entrances and 2 vestibules.
I also bought the footprint (custom made ground cloth) which I consider mandatory and the gear loft.

Google "north face rock 22 tent" for best price

$135.16 with free shipping here

WIRJGN.jpg

hope this helps

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'