Terrible Handling, bike won't turn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just back from a nice AAA tow.. :blink:

Tried to make it to tthe local dealer so they could fix a minor problem with the new wiring harness installed yesterday.

Got 5 miles into a 9 mile journey and pffftt.. as in pfflat.

The little 12 VDC air compressor just couldn't huff n puff enough to allow any forward movement.

AAA? I need a ride! LOL. Oh well.

First time I've had one of these zit thingies - I probably have 70 miles on that blister.. Guess that's all there good for. :rofl:

The local dealer, San Luis Motorsports, is treating me great - they are installing a new pr2 on a 'trade' basis for a new pr2 I have back at the house, labor fee only. Sounded pretty good to me, saved a trip in the big Diesel truck.

So, lesson learned... If you have blistered tire, it won't be long until your walking... :lol:

how many miles was that in total again.....?
About 3,200. See reply below... :huh:

Inquiring minds want to know: Is that a Metzeler with the blister? Skootie and I have a beer riding on this betting answer!
Nope, not a Metzler! It's a Pirelli Super Corsa, with a 2006 IIRC date stamp. Never meant to be run on a heavy turd bike like an FJR. Bought a year ago when RenoJohn and TwoWheelNut were due to arrive for a weekend at the Hondarosa and local stompin' rompin' riding grounds. It's all the local Honda dealer had in stock that would fit...

...and boy oh boy, it was expensive but FUN! I've never run a stickier tire than it, and it was worth every dollar per mile it cost me! :rolleyes:

I use this in all my tires. Just pull the valve stem and fill up with this. Be sure you put the valve cover on after. Quick. After it sits a while, just plane that bumpy part right off like a bunion. Tire should last forever if you do it right.

foam.jpg

I use this in all my tires. Just pull the valve stem and fill up with this. Be sure you put the valve cover on after. Quick. After it sits a while, just plane that bumpy part right off like a bunion. Tire should last forever if you do it right.
foam.jpg
Excellent Mike! Too bad that stuff has a gravitational attraction toward roadside curbs! :yahoo: