Tery riley footpegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto. They work great. Just have to open the right tupperware to get one or two of the bolts through the cover back into the engine cover.

One Thumb (Mark Johnson) shows the pegs and install on his web site. A couple of notes -- his install shows shiny parts, the brackets are now bead blasted and he only shows one type of peg but many are available.

I had all my peg parts powder coated. With the pegs shown on One Thumb's site my shins bang the fairing so I purchased 'Long Horn' pegs which are ~1.5 inches longer (and 5 lbs heaver) to get my feet further out. With the pegs folded up there are no cornering issues at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the brackets for my '06, but not their footpegs. I have several sets lying around to use. I haven't added them yet, however.

They are defintely decently made and finished.

One Thumb (Mark Johnson) shows the pegs and install on his web site. A couple of notes -- his install shows shiny parts, the brackets are now bead blasted and he only shows one type of peg but many are available.
I had all my peg parts powder coated. With the pegs shown on One Thumb's site my shins bang the fairing so I purchased 'Long Horn' pegs which are ~1.5 inches longer (and 5 lbs heaver) to get my feet further out. With the pegs folded up there are no cornering issues at all.
IB, Did you use the Longhorn offset or just the pegs?

I just had the SBCGlobal address bounce too. I have an e-mail out to the other (listed above) address and will be updating my web page info as soon as I get home tonight.

Thanks for the heads up. Keeping current with people's reference info can be tricky, so "heads up" messages like the one above help a lot.

re: shiney bits

"Keep in mind that the example photos presented here are the polished brackets which Bill decided not to produce. I got one of the few prototypes that he made with a polished finish. All now come in a brushed/satin finish. They don't spot like the polished ones show in these photos."

--update--

correction to contact info completed. thanks folk!

https://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/acc/pegs/pegs.html

IB, Did you use the Longhorn offset or just the pegs?
Just the pegs. If I decide I need an offset or extension I can add it later. I had to drill the male part of the TR bracket to get the Longhorns to fit. If I want to go back to the TR supplied pegs I may need to use a small bushing in the drilled hole. I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Shit) so I'm not quite sure which P/N I ordered, will have to check at home. I think it was _8019, not shown on the Kuryakyn web site. I think these were made to fit over the 5/8 inch male block on the TR bracket. The _8019 pegs are ISO pegs with big rubber inserts. They are very comfortable, and very fugly -- chrome type fugly. Nothing a little power coating can't fix. There is a set screw in the tip of the peg that will let you disassemble them for painting/plating/coating.

Has anyone used the old terry riley highway brackets on an 06?
Yep, same fit as earlier years. Mounted up no issues. You do have to partially unbolt the right-side lower fairing, but installation took all of 10 minutes.