That Other Site

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The response to FJRocha's Miami post:

No actually it won't self destruct. You are welcome to do what you want.
Folks, I just created this forum. It's YOUR forum.

Marc

Qualifier: Unless you say or do something I don't like on MY forum. Then, I'll delete your post, thread or you!

It's really sad how this is ending up. I do like the 'feel' of that board, but I hate the way it operates. It's slower than ever, now...

Well... he went from deleting threads :angry: to dignifying comments with replies <_< , that seems like a step in the right direction, I would think.

Let's see how long will that thread last without self destructing... I bet that a change of moon phase will do the trick ;)

newman.gif
What? Me worry?

You would think we were trolls in the V-Twin Forum with some of the comments on the other board. It's just a little thing called freedom of association. Somebody over there needs to calm down. It will hurt him more in the big picture than help.

:unsure:

:( What the hell happened??? I go to sleep for a few days and when I get back the world has changed? Now I have to register on a new board. Things sure get weird quick. Why can't we all have a big group hug and a few (or many) brewskis and sing cumbay ya or something and return peace to the FJR world?

:( What the hell happened??? I go to sleep for a few days and when I get back the world has changed? Now I have to register on a new board. Things sure get weird quick. Why can't we all have a big group hug and a few (or many) brewskis and sing cumbay ya or something and return peace to the FJR world?
Damned if I know. I keep asking that same question. And seem to piss more and more people off!

At least the folks here understand our confusion. All this over a service provider???????????? :blink: :unsure: :blink: :unsure: :blink: :unsure:

Hey guys,

Just made 'the switch' myself...I was missing everybody (sniff, sniff); I was never involved in all the mudslinging going on over there...in fact...

Last night I posted a 'positive vibes' reply on FJROCHA's "Going to Miami" thread; telling how much I have always liked the site, how much great info/content there was, how much I learned about my FJR, etc etc, BUT how it was unfortunate that things had gotten personal & 'egos were getting bruised' .

I check on it this AM, find the WHOLE THREAD had been moved (buried) under a section called "Total Control Riding Clinic" WTF?! Yeah, Total Control is right...

All right so much for that, I'll shut up now...it's good to be here, I still plan on visiting 'over there' hopefully I won't get 'busted' for doing so....

Regards

Brad

You did Liquid. Here are the cliff notes... EZ board is dated software and a poor performer. Couple that with the disaster recovery (that was a disaster in it's own rite) after the hacking incident, and many forum members wanted a better forum provider. When no action was taken by the principles, slapnpop started another FJR forum (this one). For some reason, this really pissed off Mkneuman (sp?) and mentioning this site over there is taboo. This is the part that has most of us baffled. I mean, you and I post on EZboard and the UK site with no problems... no comprende. Oh, and welcome aboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to ask a dumb question, (and I promise I did read around a bit - looking before opening my yapper) hacking incident?

Meaning people were farming the email addresses out of the site? :huh:

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone hacked into EZBoard and really mucked things up. Fried threads, posts, history, etc. Wasn't pretty and they're still having problems... Hence, here we are!

Well, to be fair, part of the reason folks are migrating is an ongoing dissatisfaction with the EZ format. Seinfelds nemisis going native on the bailers just added fuel.

With great reservation I am checking in here as well. I feel the FJR comradery that had taken years to build will suffer greatly from the breakup. This is one of those "everybody loses" situations I have seen a thousand times. So please pardon me if I do not feel joining this board is a reason to celebrate.

:erm:

With great reservation I am checking in here as well. I feel the FJR comradery that had taken years to build will suffer greatly from the breakup. This is one of those "everybody loses" situations I have seen a thousand times. So please pardon me if I do not feel joining this board is a reason to celebrate.
:erm:
It is all of the same poeple (for the most part) in a different wrapper. No need to participate in politics, just come see your friends.

To quote a great american, rotney king, "Can't we all just get along?"

:D

I'm pissed as I'm now a newbie again! :dribble: Maybe I can take this opportunity to better myself :D I really think those of us that were with the other board will migrate to this one as it does have some cool features the other one was lacking. I will still visit the other one periodically to see if anything "new" has come up but think the "old timers" will be here.

motorgod, I enjoyed your profile... right there with ya...

Oh! And can I get a date with your girlfriend there in your avatar... I promise I wouldn't keep her long... ;)

:)