The '08 Hayabusa is just NO GOOD!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
It's no good as a winter bike. But I had too many boxes and garage crap stashed around the FJR, so.....

6 degrees Fahrenheit this morning when I rolled the 'Busa out of the garage. :blink:

That's pretty cold when standing still. At 50 mph, it's downright gnarley.

Shyeah.... I'll be removing boxes and freeing up the FJR this afternoon.... :rolleyes:

So you went from vaporize mode to humidify with a smaller flick of the wrist ? With your changes, Man what a work of Art in motion !

So one of these might help, with a set of custom-made brackets. Have to mount it far enough forward to not be in your face guillotine-style, though.

Probably easier to rescue the FJR.

Hey Warchild, though I may be envious of the 'Busa in your stable... you don't have to rub it in that you can even ride this time of year. It was -10* this morn with snow/ice on everything here in Ne. C'mon spring!

Be careful out there.

John

If you go fast enough, won't the friction warm you up, like the shuttle on re-entry. It was -7 here this morning without a wind chill. Let's face it, you're just a fair weather rider. :rolleyes:

Too bad that it is so cold that you had to stay in first gear! <_< I would like to tell you that spring is coming soon - well lets leave it at that. :dribble:

Hmmm....let's see....50mph at -19F this morning would be a windchill of approximately -61F. I think I'll pass and take the Hemi Dodge RAM...with the heated seats on "High" thank you very much.

6....6...6 DEGREES THATS COLDER THAN A WELL DIGGERS BUTT...I am aclimated to the south I dont leave the house south of 30.....

Warchild is SUCh a whus!

I rode my spankin' new, off-the-showroom-floor ZX-14 from Monroe ...allllllll the way to Federal Way AND back TODAY!

I don't think I need to say more! :devilsmiley: :devilsmiley: :devilsmiley:

I ride my bandit 1250 everyday , unless it snows. Course it doenst get below freezing down here in southern alabama too many times during the summer. I actually drove the truck in this afternoon (need to go to home depot and pick p paint and supplies) Everyone in the shop acted surprised, One guy didint know I had a vehicle other than the bike..

Last edited by a moderator:
And here I was shevering in the 39 deg. Northern CA. bayarea temps today. Us CA. boys just can't take that kind of cold... kind of rough in eastern WA. without a cage right now eh even with the FJ? :lol: PM. <>< B)

I noticed the same thing with my Ninja vs the FJR. Took the little bike to work because it was the easiest one to get out of the garage. Even with winter gloves, my hands were frozen. Next day, I took the FJR and forgot to think about whether my hands were cold or not. Of course, I won't upset people with details of the temperatures in CA. :)

Jill