The '08 Hayabusa is just NO GOOD!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, okay, it wasn't that cold... but the speed I was going........... just say it was rather chilly! :blink:

On a serious note: Warchild, isn't it weird to go from riding the Busa and then hopping on the Feejer? My entire body goes WTF?

On a serious note: Warchild, isn't it weird to go from riding the Busa and then hopping on the Feejer? My entire body goes WTF?
Yes, it is.

When I get on the FJR, I am reminded of just how comfortable we have it on this machine. And the weather protection we enjoy from the fairing and windscreen is just staggering! On the K8, you *are* part of the airstream.... makes riding in sub-freezing temps a bit of a challenge. :blink:

Looks like I won't have to worry about riding for a good couple days.... freezing rain has closed the Interstate from Kennewick to Oregon this evening... it is 35 miles of skating rink. More sleet/freezing rain/snow is in the forecast on and off for the next week.

Stupid winter. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I won't have to worry about riding for a good couple days.... freezing rain has closed the Interstate from Kennewick to Oregon this evening... it is 35 miles of skating rink. More sleet/freezing rain/snow is in the forecast on and off for the next week. Stupid winter. :angry:
More time to work on the "sufficiently populated" players list? No pressure. But I just gotta know if Angie Harmon will be there.

By the way, thanks for all the hard work.

And just 120 miles north of where Dale rides, its been covered with snow since thanksgiving. I think its the downwind effect from Hanford Nuclear, sure less swow but you glow in the dark. :D

It snowed last night about 4 inches. I'm keeping my ZX-14 at the dealer for now or at least until all my ordered farkles are installed. I'm in no hurry to bring it home in the ice or snow!

I think I'll keep my bike fairly stock... at least until the warranty goes away. Well, at least for now!

I've been K8'ed for awhile now and finally pulled the trigger. Love it. Only put a 100 miles on her this first day and taking it easy on the break in. Brutish smooth.

Wondering how your 2k weekend went W.C., I'll check in on the "long haul" thread. See you @ .org.

m_7dd8a28c87b70322b8703d8df48810a0.jpg

Wondering how your 2k weekend went W.C., I'll check in on the "long haul" thread.
There were some set-backs.

While the jury is still out, I am adding up the pro's/con's on using the K8 for these Endurance Riding rallies, and the results just aren't all that encouraging. I'll outline them all in the Long Haul thread here in a day or so. Bottom line is that I am not quite so enamored with the concept of putting the K8 on the Start Line of the Utah 1088 this summer as I once was.... :unsure:

That said..... I am not quite don't experimenting yet, either. Ya never know.... things could change..... :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom line is that I am not quite so enamored with the concept of putting the K8 on the Start Line of the Utah 1088 this summer as I once was.... :unsure:
Two words, baby...............

Grosvenor Arch.

Though.............you pull off a bonus like that on K8 and you will have earned by respect, admiration, and undying love. :wub: